Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 June 2021

Love seeing men at work!

Thursday, 24th June 2021
Be you, the world will adjust.



Ah I love the chaos of work getting done!  I'm sitting on a chair in the doorway because my living room was decorated yesterday, it looks amazing, only the gloss to do now, he got the ceiling and walls done yesterday as well as sorting out the window frame which was a mess.  I've gone for a bold colour, especially as everything in my house is white or magnolia, but until it's finished and the furniture's in place etc, no pics.  

Decking stuff is hopefully coming Friday, Monday latest so that's coming along nicely, I'm not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to having to go to work today to escape the craziness, I know they'll be 3 at least in the garden today prepping the ground or whatever it is they do, so  I'm best out of it.  

I nipped to Ikea yesterday with my sister as I had to pick up supplies from B&Q and Travis Perkins and thought Alfie will be okay as he's not alone!  Erm wrong, apparently he barked all the time I was gone!  Damn that dog, I was hoping to be able to go here, there and everywhere why Terry was here and get all those little errands done that I haven't been able to do because I have a neurotic dog who has separation issues since mom died!  

I need curtains, so other than Ikea, Next and Dunelm, where can I look folks as I want to feel and see them, ordering online isn't the best is it as you don't really know what they're like.  

Foodwise, there wasn't any proper meals eaten yesterday, I had a sarnie for my tea, leftover piece of cold tandoori chicken with cold pilau rice for breakfast (wrong I know!) then I ate 2 small packets of scratchings from the bag of 6 that arrived in my shop which I bought under the false belief that I was getting them for my brother, saying 'oh Terry likes scratchings!'  If he doesn't hurry up and eat them they'll be gone.  I did have a fruit scone too, it was lush.


I love a scratching (proper ones not those puffed up things), these are only 107 calories for a 16.5g bag, worth it for a salty treat. 

Terry had his first call to make sure he was in isolation, he almost missed is as the radio was on full blast and the dog was barking, oh and he didn't know where the landline phone was either!  I honestly think now, it's madness that he has to isolate, he's tested negative, like most people walking round out there, then all the football fans (don't even get me started on that).  He's got to do a test today and another one on day 8 those cost £200 on top of his overpriced flight compared to previous years.  

Then there's wood!  Because of covid, the cost of wood has already gone up 3 times this year apparently, so my fence panels are gonna cost probably £4 more each, my decking, well lets just say, if Terry had been able to do it the week after the very first lockdown as planned, we'd be able to have a party with the difference it's costing.  Luckily I'm saving thousands on the labour cos it's my 50th birthday present and he's my brother so he loves me. 

The house is very loud, I'd say it feels more so because I'm used to being alone now, but no, it's not that, it's just very loud, he loves his music and then talks over it ;) I had to go to bed last night but bless him, he kept going until the walls were finished, he's not a great sleeper, which is rubbish for him but great for getting my work done!  

I need to top up his lager stash, it's on offer in Tesco and Morrisons, so that's a check the fridge job this morning, see how much he needs to last to the weekend. 

Here's to a busy day, I'm thinking Chippy or KFC for tea possibly so that I don't have to try and clear the fridge which is full of half the living room!  We shall see.  

Mwah, luv ya, 

love me xx 

No comments: