Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 31 March 2021

Made it through March!

Wednesday 31st March 2021
Let all that you do, be done with love.


 

A productive day yesterday, after enjoying my breakfast, doing a load of washing and having a walk with Alfie, I decided to have a go at stripping the wallpaper off in moms room, it's woodchip that's been painted with a vinyl silk I think, well I don't care what anyone says, there is no 'easy' way, but there is a ridiculous amount of pleasure from a big piece coming off in one!  I did a bit, then got fed up of that, started cleaning the garden furniture, then Dave turned up with a stripper for the paper and a tbone for my tea (diet is a work in progress ;) I know I'm not going to be perfect straight away and I'm not turning down a bloody good steak).  He told me not to do anymore of the furniture as he has a jet wash thing that should clean em up without the elbow grease, I wasn't arguing with that.  After a natter I went back upstairs to try out the paint steamer thing which made for easier stripping, I've almost done the two walls, just need the ceiling that's a challenge need to get the steps out the shed and it hurts your neck don't it.  Thankfully I only need to do the window wall now because the other wall is being boxed in with fitted cupboards so you won't see it - why do something you're not going to be able to see!

Another walk with Alfie, he basically come and told me to stop doing what I was doing as he was bored, then we sat in the garden and enjoyed the sunshine for a bit, then made my tea and chilled out before going to bed.  Had about 7 hours and YAY I haven't had stomach ache since yesterday morning so fingers crossed whatever was causing that has gone away now. 

I had a couple of lovely gifts through the post too, it's nice opening something that isn't a bill and it take the pain away from having a copy of arrowwords for mom in the same post, I need to find someone who enjoys puzzles to pass these onto, I hate waste. 

My dinner table is under control, when my kitchen was done, there was a piece of wood left over and Mark kept it for me, it's 62cm square and I wanted a 65cm circle, so whats 3cm between friends ay, he's going to make it into a circle for me and I've ordered the legs (they're not arriving till Tuesday - boo, I'm impatient ain't I!) but he's a clever bugga, he was concerned about me being able to get my legs under the table because it was so small, I'd have never thought about that at all, but I can either have the leg inbetween mine (pardon the image) or I thought this morning why not only have 3 legs, tripods have 3 legs because it's more stable than for, a 3 legged table cannot wobble unlike a 4 legged one.

I've also got a piece of wood coming to make my chair bench, I reckon i can do that myself, I've only got to stain the wood and screw it on, it's all coming together.  

I don't think I want a double bed permanenty in the spare room, I'd like to be able to craft up there and sit looking out the window onto my back garden, so I could leave stuff out and not have a messy living room, there wouldn't be enough room for that if I have a bed in there, so I'm considering a day bed that opens up when I do have visitors.  It'd pull out into a double, then there'd be room in there for me to do yoga and meditation too, make it a cosy room, I'd thought about doing this before and now I've had that money from the wonderful Owls, I don't have to buy my dining chair so I have some spare don't I :) ain't I lucky though. 

Something like this; 

NICE!

I've always wanted a day bed, ain't I a weirdo, what a strange thing to want, but I have what can i say.  Well that's me sorted for an hour, trawling the internet for day beds, pinterest is how I relax.  I'll start on the stripping soon enough, I need to get the paper up that's already on the floor cos my neighbour is off to the tip today so she can take it for me, save filling my bin up.

Here's to another busy day, helps tire me out which is helping me sleep!  I have a delivery coming today ready for mine and Elle's new venture - eek! Exciting times, making up for the tough times I've had the last few years, wouldn't change a thing, apart from mom not having dementia if it was possible of course, but it isn't so we'll enjoy what's to come knowing I did everything I could for her. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx



 

No comments: