Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 March 2021

Blogs as short as my sleep was lol

Friday 12th March 2021
Every day is a fresh start.

3 hours sleep - meh, we've been awake since midnight!  On a positive, she's calm just awake, so I'm grateful for that!  

The dementia nurse came and we had a chat, she's going to recommend some changes to moms medication in the hope it helps with both the sundowning and the not sleeping!  She's also told us about a lady who can come in for an hour a week for six weeks and help mom put together a book of her life, basically try and engage her and lift her mood.  We both agreed she's depressed and that's making everything else worse, she misses human interaction even though she'll tell you she isn't.  

I also spoke to social services and night time respite isn't an option, I'm allowed 4 hours respite a week in the day time and then last time we tried that, mom kicked her out anyway lol.  I would be entitled to respite where mom goes in care for a week, but that's not happening!  I just need to sleep, so hopefully the drugs will work, otherwise, I'll have to start sleeping in the daytime and my sister will sit with mom whilst I do it.  We shall see.

I managed to do a little work yesterday and have a couple of walks with Alfie, so that was good, especially as I didn't get wet, missed the showers both times - happy days.

I've got my positive back, there's lots to look forward too despite all the crap that's happening in this house so I will not let dementia destroy me as it is my mom.  I've been inproving my diet a little which will help my mood because we all know when we eat better, we feel better.  

I've got my creative juices going this morning so hopefully she'll stay calm, although she's on the edge at the minute, so I'm going to have to go and calm her down - happy days lol. 

Wish me luck xx

mwah, luv ya

Love me 


No comments: