Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 March 2021

A long week....

Sunday 28th March 2021
Breathe it all in, love it all out. 


It's a good job the clocks have gone forward the hour or I'd have been awake since 2am :) damn foxes wailing at each other, you gotta love the mating season!   Although it should be almost over, someone needs to inform them it's December-March! 

Anyway, I have a bad stomach and the pain of that got me out of bed, I've had me a mug of tea and it's settled thankfully, you've got to love the universe, because there wasn't enough shit in this house when mom was alive, I've been left with my own shit show to deal with, hopefully it won't last long, I don't think it's something I've eaten, I think it's more likely hormonal. I'll stop there, you don't need to know do you really. 

Another day of getting stuff done, I did 2 huge kitchen drawers and 2 food cupboards, all sorted and organised.  Still some stuff on the side for me to decide where to put it, if not in the charity bag, I'm tempted to put the kitchen utensils in a box and if I don't fetch them out in the next few months, get rid.  Some things you use just not often though, having said that I don't need two garlic crushers do I.  I've done me a medicine / first aid box and a tool kit so I always know where there's a screwdriver when I need one, candles, matches and a lighter in case of a power cut (mom taught me to always know where it was! She just liked to play fire with the matches up the garden).


I had this pizza for my lunch my mate bought it for me as part of a food parcel and it was delicious and really filling, from Aldi, definitely one I'd buy again, as good as any pizza from M&S or Sainsburys.  It easily serves two I was just being a greedy bitch but even I saved a slice for later.  I managed a salad for tea, it was one of those not that healthy salads with full fat cheese, coleslaw and hummus - bloody lush.

It's been the longest week, housework - you feel like you've been at it for ages and when you look it's only been half hour!  I can't wait to get it all sorted and decluttered so I just have to keep on top of it them.  It's been four years since I last decluttered but that time I didn't 'organise' myself, I just got rid of stuff.  Spooky, I'm just looking through my memories on Facebook and 4 years ago today, I sorted the kitchen drawers!  They were in the old kitchen and not as deep, and mine look better now, more organised.  Oh my, what is going on, not only am I'm comparing drawers, I'm enjoying doing it - I'm officially middle aged and dull!  

Had my third bath of the week too, it's so nice to do what I want when I want, it's still very strange, settled down early to watch telly, about 4ish, so I managed to stay up till about 7ish I think, I'd started to fall asleep in chair again.  It's been a bloody strange year hasn't it, how many people have not only lost loved ones but been unable to have visitors so had to grieve alone!  I know (well I bloody hope) if it wasn't for this covid crap, my house would be constantly full of people coming and going to make sure I was okay and I'd be wishing they'd bugga off and leave me alone but instead they can't, I get the odd message or knock at the door as they bring me a card but otherwise it's just me and Alfie.  How many people have been in this same position and been more upset than me because it was sudden and unlike my mom they're loved one wasn't in a living hell so it's a relief.  I can't even begin to imagine! 

I got my cd's out yesterday and the old record/cd play mom and I bought on one of our lovely drives one day and had a good sing song yesterday.  I know Alexa is great and she'll play you anything you want but there's something about playing a cd from beginning to end and for Alexa to do that, I think she charges £14.99 a month for a family or £7.99 for an individual!  Plus I found cd's I'd have never have remembered, need to find somewhere to store them all as I'm not chucking them.  

Hoping for a walk with my brother this morning as long as it's not raining, we won't be going miles though, my backs still playing up and my soles of my feet hurt, then there's my knee - falling apart I am but I have been for a long time now so I'm not going to instantly get better.  I used to have a weekly massage let's not forget and I've not had one for over a year.  I won't be able to afford weekly ones but I will definitely be having one or two here and there when we're able. 

Alfie didn't walk far yesterday again, I'm not sure if it's because he's tired or that he doesn't want to be far from home in case mom comes home, he was clipped yesterday too which does wear him out to be fair, treated him to a couple of new toys and treats to distract him.  He looks tiny when he's clipped, he's curled up on his cushion now, he's only just got up bless him. 

I need to eat eggs today for breakfast, I have lots of eggs need eating, I'll hard boil some too, Alfie likes an egg yolk, that's us sorted.  Well I'm getting boring now, I mean we already did the exciting paragraph about the drawers, it was all gonna go downhill from there wasn't it! 

Here's to a chill out Sunday, I might or I might not do another couple of drawers in the kitchen, we shall see, be nice to get downstairs finished though, there's under the stairs too, but that's actually not too bad.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy. 

Luv ya 

Love me xx




 



 

1 comment:

Sharon Bullock said...

You are doing amazing, and keeping yourself busy is the best medicine you can have for grief xx

Chin up , it does get easier xx

Luv Shaz x