Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 March 2021

Things are improving!

Thursday 4th March 2021
It's what you do next that matters. 


 

My wonderful sister told me to go and have a bath yesterday whilst she sat with mom, she also did my washing up whilst I went to fetch a guest bed I'd bought which didn't get used in the end last night because mom decided she wanted to go upstairs to bed!  Not complaining though as I got to sleep in my own bed, she only woke me 3 times, poor love wet herself trying to get to the bathroom around 2am. I can't wait to be able to rip the carpet up in that room and thank the world for carpet cleaner for now. 

Lol just sat here trying to get a dirty mark off my screen only to realise it was a comma!  I obviously need the rest of this mug of tea before I'm completely functioning this morning.

Every day this week has got a little easier with mom, I'm hoping she was really bad because of the messing about with her drugs whilst in hospital and just the fact she was in hospital rather than the next stage of dementia.  We know she won't get 'better' but we hope that she passes away from something else rather than being destroyed by dementia because the end stages of this horrific disease are just awful. 

Seeing a vase of daffodils and tulips in my living room really lifts my mood, spring is here woo hoo, well almost, I've even got a walk planned for early Saturday morning with my brother, there's something to look forward to.  I've got to take my car to the garage today, a warning light came on yesterday, but hey it's almost a day trip out so I'm not complaining. 

I enjoyed this beef burger yesterday and you can't have too many onions really in my opinion. 

This photo was posted on Facebook when I opened it this morning, so I've stolen it and put it on my own timeline because it's such a good question.  Not someone because that's always the easiest answer.  

Spend some time today thinking about the things in your life that bring you happiness, I've just taken this photo whilst sitting in my chair.  Almost everything within 6ft of me brings me happiness. 
my crochet, the flowers, that stupid green frog that always appears to be looking directly at you!  The buddha's oh and my concrete man, I love him, he's sat there for years and I adore him, occassionally at Christmas I put a little santa hat on him.  

So many things in my house bring me happiness and when I'm able I plan to decorate and add to it and have even more things making me happy.  

Today though, I will make sure I do something for me, that's what I've decided needs to be happening to keep me going, so yesterday was my bath, the day before was that wonderful walk over the park, today mmm, what shall I do today.  I will eat a delicious meal sitting up the table I've put in the kitchen this week, mom will need to get used to me doing that because I love to eat at the table and now I've got one, it's happening. 

I need to get a chair to sit on, I'm sitting on an Ikea stool at the minute, it needs to be comfy but small. Oooo there's a fold up chair in the summer house that might serve the purpose.  I don't want to spend any unnecessary money if I can repurpose things.  

Right today will be another good day, positive mental attitude! 

mwah, luv ya 

Love me x







No comments: