Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 March 2021

Here's to a quiet weekend

Saturday 27th March 2021
Let every sunrise bring you hope and the sunset bring you peace. 
 

Another 3am start to my day, but I was in bed by seven so that's a good 8 hours, only woke a couple of times.  Bless Alfie, he decided half hour before me that he was ready for bed and went up of his own accord, he's a little out of sorts as to be expected but my mate who's a dog expert has given me some tips so it's all about me and Alfie for the foreseeable, I'll nip over the pet shop today and buy him a couple of new toys to distract him. 

House update, I now have a super tidy, clean wet room, the cupboard (old larder) coming off it is also organised with my towels and washing basket in it and I'm gonna use it for my clothes from night before, because I know I mostly take my clothes off downstairs and put my pj's on so they'll live in there too.   Alfie's bed from under the stairs has also been de-biscuited and washed, oh they things I found!  Today I'm contemplating tackling that drawer - you know the one in the kitchen, we all have them but mine is about 4ft wide, 2ft deep and 1ft high, it's gonna take some time!  I'll spend the whole weekend sorting, organising and cleaning my kitchen I reckon, it can't be rushed my mood and my back won't let it. 

The mail plopped through the door yesterday morning, there was a crossword book for mom, her death certificates which cost £11 each and apparently most people have 3 lol, and a letter from the DWP saying sorry your moms dead, she's not owed anything but if she owes up owt, we'll be taking it back! Yeah, I know, thankfully there was also a couple of nice cards from lovely people sending their wishes to balance the bullshit out. 

I have some lovely flowers too, Elle bought me a gorgeous bouquet of pink flowers, plus they're already in water and arranged which I likes cos I'm bloody rubbish at doing that and I've almost run out of vases, although tidying up I've found another. 

I was able to sort moms funeral now I have the death certificate, he called me back whilst I was out with Alfie, and we stood on the green by the shops arranging it, how surreal, gone are the days where you have to be in the same room, I remember going to Jennings with mom to sort dads and it was solemn and all about the money.  Michael from Petersons Funerals 01543 820387 Cheap Cremation | DIGNIFIED DIRECT CREMATIONS | England (inexpensivecremations.co.uk) has been amazing, kept it as uncomplicated as possible, answered any questions I've had and when it was all sorted, he said have you any questions which I had a couple because I'm going to prepay for mine and my sisters funeral so it's done and no one needs to do any of this for us then. It was me who finally said, 'and of course you'll need paying!', I was impressed that this wasn't the main issue as dads was, when we originally rang to ask for a price he said £1k all in and he meant it, there are no hidden extras like there are with some, to pre pay for one it's more because that covers insurance and admin to guarantee you get a funeral whatever happens to the company you prepaid with.   I hope you don't feel it's morbid talking about these things because it isn't, I had a couple of lovely messages yesterday thanking me for bringing this conversation into their homes as it was what their parents would like but they didn't know how to broach the subject. 

A knock at my door yesterday and one of my favourite people (I know you shouldn't have them when you know so many wonderful people but she's a wine sister so what can I say) was stood there with my tea in a carrier bag, frozen chips, steak and a chocolate pudding thing, she said 'you can't eat flowers' and she's right, love a bit of logic, so it's the pizza for dinner today instead, it's got till the 30th on it. 

Oh Elle and I went to view a venue yesterday for our new enterprise and the gentlemen who showed us gave us some suggestions and ideas, definitely food for thought, so we shall see what comes from that, we're still waiting to be allowed out to play together anyway aren't we, looking like May before we can all be in a room together but it'll be worth waiting for for sure. 

As you can see, my life is uncomplicated right now some might say dull and I bloody love it that way, when I was chatting to me Julie on the phone yesterday she asked what my plans were and I don't have any, I've no desire to rush out and do things and go places, I want to stay here and make my home and garden my own, make it a place I was to spend time in and have friends round.  Adventures can wait for now, more walking though for sure, but my body needs building up to that too! 

Right I need another cuppa and the toilet (too much info I know but it's my bowels that are waking me up at 3am, even they're out of sync fgs!), on that note, happy Saturday :)

And if you want to reminisce
Luv ya 


Love me 

No comments: