Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 March 2017

What's for dinner?



2nd March 2017
You don't have to be extreme - just consistent!
Well normality has been resumed in my world, the wine was opened and my fundraising toasted last night, it tasted so good, I was relieved that I still liked it! 

I had a good clean up in the kitchen yesterday too, my inner domestic goddess appeared, I love it when that happens, I've swapped the kitchen table for a smaller one and now the room looks so much bigger, I do wish tidy was my natural behaviour, but at 47, I can't see it becoming that way. 

I've got what I think is lean beef mince defrosting in the fridge, I couldn't tell when I took it out of the freezer, I need to start marking stuff up when I put it in so I'm not playing freezer surprise!  What to cook with it, I'm thinking tacos as I bought some shells earlier in the week, I need something quick as it's my busy 5 meeting, 12 hour day today!  Maybe this;

Beef larb 6sp,
Serves 1, takes 20 minutes

·         oil spray
·         175g extra lean beef mince (4sp)
·         ½ crumbled beef stock cube
·         1 small red chilli, de-seeded and diced
·         1 ½ tsp diced fresh ginger
·         1 garlic clove, diced
·         1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (2sp)
·         a handful of fresh coriander leaves
·         4 or 5 small lettuce leaves (I used spinach and threw it in just before end to wilt a little)
·         1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
·         2 spring onions, sliced
·         4 fresh mint leaves shredded (optional)

Spray a non stick frying pan with the cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the beef and stir fry over a high heat for 5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Add the stock cube with 2 tablespoons of water, chilli, ginger and garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the hoisin sauce and half the coriander leaves.

Arrange the lettuce leaves and carrot sticks on a plate, top with the mince and garnish with the spring onions, mint and remaining coriander. Serve immediately.

Although I haven't got any spring onions or coriander!

I really fancy a curry, oh I'll have a think about it...

See this is why planning is worthwhile, I really do need to get some organisation back, I meant to do it yesterday but I started cleaning and as that happens so rarely I wasn't going to stop!

A question I'm asking my members this week is "how do you decide what to have for your dinner (or lunch or breakfast)?" How do you decide?  We all love to eat and yet how much thought goes into what to eat?

Anyway, with the busy day I have ahead of me, meal planning will have to wait, I'll just get the mince out and go with the flow, see what happens, but if I've got hoisin sauces, I'll be doing the larb in taco shells wihout spring onions, I could use red onions, that'd work too.

Right I'm off to refill my pint glass, my first water went down easily. 

Here's to making March marvelous, day 2 ;)

No comments: