Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 23 March 2017

Sorting my stuff...



23rd March 2017
Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms
Mmm, sitting here not sure what to write, yesterday was a good day in every way, ate well, drank my water - I've got my new water bottle which I'll be carrying around with me to make sure I'm hydrated.  I'm eating the contents of the cupboard till payday, so yesterday I had a tin of chick pea & lentil dhal that's been in there for a year I bet, it was good too, it was 12sp for the can though!  Lunch was a pasta dish using tinned salmon which had also been in the cupboard a long time.  I might take a tub out the freezer and have suprise supper tonight when I get home, I won't know the points perfectly but I'll know it's a good meal and that's enough sometimes.

Yesterday my bestie came for a couple of hours, I fed her then she got me started on clearing the clutter in my bedroom, at first it was actually painful, but once I started doing it and started to listen to her reasoning, I started to enjoy it, half hour later and a black bin bag full!   Friday I plan to carry on and hopefully get rid of enough stuff so that I can actually store the store I do want to keep.  A drawer at a time will be my thought pattern for the rest of the house too, first my office then the kitchen drawers, it's ridiculous the stuff I've been keeping for 'just in case' or 'because it wasn't cheap'.  She might have to come back to remind me of the things she was saying yesterday, or maybe I'll get her on Facetime when I come to do it, just in case I struggle again. 

If I keep it up though, my house will look as good as it now smells, that'll be nice!

CAULIFLOWER!  Apparently there's a bumper crop, I'm just listening to Radio 2, the papers are saying that there's been an early crop and they're asking us all to buy a cauliflower this weekend to help the farmers out, so let's do that shall we?   What can you do with it, well these days it's more like what can't you do with it!

They're making rice, pizza bases and all sorts with it these days, I do like a good cauliflower curry myself, I've never managed to get it as good as Abduls cauliflower bhaji but I can continue to try.  I enjoyed roasted cauliflower the other day, that was really good.

My sister made me this a few years ago, I might need to give it another try, you could use protein cheese instead of mozzarella maybe, it would bring the points down, to 5sp total.

Garlic cauliflower pizza 13sp

½ of a small/medium head of cauliflower
1 teaspoon olive oil (1sp)
2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
1 egg, lightly beaten (2sp)
100g grated solid mozzarella cheese (10sp) 
½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
1 pinch each salt and pepper
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with pan liner or greaseproof.

To “rice” the cauliflower, grate the cauliflower into a bowl and microwave uncovered until softened, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, cool slightly. While the cauliflower cooks, heat the oil in a small frying pan over low heat; add the garlic and cook until softened, approx 1 minute, stirring constantly; cool slightly.

To the bowl with the softened cauliflower, add the garlic, egg, ¾ of the cheese, ¼  tsp of the dried Italian herb seasoning), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then spread on the baking tray in a rectangle shape.

Bake until the loaf is set and starting to turn golden, about 30 minutes.  Then cut into 8, slice and separate slightly, then sprinkle ¼ tsp seasoning & remaining cheese.  Pop under grill until brown.

Eat straight away or if you can resist wait for it to cool a little!

Yeah I think I need to have a go at this again, or maybe just good old fashioned cauliflower cheese using a packet mix and protein cheese, after all it's only 7sp for the block!

Then there's this idea http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51638/cauliflower-grilled-cheese-recipe/

That could be done with protein cheese for sure!  Tasty!

Right moms just surfaced, I'm off to refill my water bottle ready for work and of course have a sneaky mug of tea first and a bit of breakfast. 

Here's to another great day, BeYOUtiful we got this!


No comments: