Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 February 2017

I'm giving up!



1st February 2017
Sacrifice - giving up something that matters for something that matters more! 
Morning, well it's the 1st of February and I had this crazy idea when I was stood making a cup of tea yesterday morning, I said in yesterdays blog that I was going to do "Time for a cuppa" for dementia UK in my meetings at the beginning of March, and that I needed to get my thinking cap on to think of how to raise some money.  There I am stood thinking at the kettle and realising it was the last day of January and some people would be doing their last day of Dry January, when I realised Dry started with the same letter as Dementia, and I laughed as I thought how many people would find it amusing if I were to go Dry for Dementia in February, I thought to myself, I'm sure people would support a great cause and sponsor me to stop, either to help me detox and prove I've not got a drink problem or to laugh at my month long struggle ;), so there it was, the thought was there, in my head, so I posted my idea on Facebook, got a good response immediately and instead of giving myself time to change my mind I opened a just giving page.


WOW, I've woke up this morning and already there's £471 of the £500 I was hoping to raise over the month, now I want more, I'm greedy like that!  How awesome would it be if we could hit the £1k with the Time for a cuppa event too, that would be immense and I'll have been sober for a month - thankfully it's a short month, although it's still 4 weeks, 4 weekends and as the 1st March is on a Wednesday and I go to work at 7.30 on the Thursday I won't really be celebrating on the 1st either! 


Someone commented on my post yesterday that they give up for a month every year and never got a penny for it!  Well fair play to him and everyone else who's done it for no other reason but themselves, if I can raise money doing it, that's a double win I say.

As I'm one for getting more out of a situation if I can, I thought I'd also use it to see how well I can do on the scales, a real surge.  If you remember last year my blog post and challenge it takes 4 weeks for you to notice the difference, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit.  Well I'm up for me noticing the difference, the 4 weeks ties in nicely with the 4 week booze free challenge, here's to making the next 4 weeks really count, getting focused in February.

I've weighed myself this morning and I was tempted not to weigh myself until March 1st, partly because I don't want the scales to influence how I feel about the booze ban, but then I realised that was ridiculous because as we discussed in the meeting last night, I no longer let them things affect my mood, I like me whatever I weigh, so they don't define me!  Plus I'm sure we'll all be interested to see if alcohol free will make a difference.  I'm sure it will because lately I have got into the habit of having a drink, then eating, this is a new thing for me, so I need to break that habit before it becomes more permanent.

I did have a couple of glasses of wine last night and poured the last of the bottle in the glass and left it on the side before going to bed, I've just been downstairs and poured it down the sink, stale wine that's been standing overnight is rank, so that's helped put a negative thought about wine in my head to start my challenge.

This week in the meetings we're talking about how powerful our thoughts are, it's so true.  I could approach this challenge in two ways, either thinking, "Oh this is going to be so difficult, I'm not sure I can do it, I'm really going to struggle, roll on March 1st", or I could start the month thinking, "Right, let's do this, it'll soon be March 1st, one day at a time, I can use the time I would drink to catch up on my sleep, maybe go for a walk when I get back from work with the dog, I've got this, let's raise some money and think of the benefits to my health and weight".

Which ones going to help me get me to March 1st without crying every night!

What you think determines how you feel, and how you feel determines what you do.

So here's to staying Focused in February, telling ourselves we can do anything we put our mind to and focusing on the healthy and happy BeYOUtiful.

And if you'd like to sponsor me, here's the link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/timeforacuppa or you can text to donate by texting DRYF47 £1 to 70070 you can change that £1 to any amount of course.  There will also be a collection tub in my meetings. 
Thank you so much to everyone who has already made waking up on February 1st feel fab, my justgiving page was the first thing I looked at, I was overwhelmed by the generosity, the only thing that could make this feeling even better would be if we can hit the £500 in 24 hours, we've got till just gone half seven to do that, can we, £30 in 100 minutes - come on make my day BeYOUtiful. xx



No comments: