Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 29 December 2016

Put yourself in your diary!



29th December 2016
Health is not about the weight you lose, but about the life you gain.


What if you devoted this coming year to simply loving yourself?  What difference would it make if you made yourself a priority, put yourself up there at the top of your to do list?

Yesterday I had a messenger conversation with a lady who said she was going to make sure she made time for her meetings in 2017, I suggested she put them in her diary and told everyone she was working that night.  No one questions you when they ask you to do something for them if you respond, "Sorry I'm at work", whereas if you say "I can't I'm at Weight Watchers" they will say oh you can miss that this week!  They wouldn't suggest missing work at all, yet Weight Watchers is just as important, after all it's where you are actually working on yourself which is more important than working for someone else!  I know it doesn't pay the bills, but there will be no bills to pay if you aren't alive and with Weight Watchers and focusing on the healthy and happy, you have more chance of staying around longer to have those bills to pay! 

Brutal!  But truth!  According to the BBC News yesterday, 8 in every 10 people aged 40-60 in England are overweight, drink too much or get little exercise, the government body warns. 

I'd be one of them then!  At least I haven't given up on the healthy and happy, daily I consider my behaviour and think about my choices.

It's only a couple of days away from a new year, a great time to make those resolutions - who cares if they don't all last or if you're not quite as great at them as you'd hoped - it's all in the trying, if you don't try, you'll never succeed.  How about committing to doing your damn best to be the person you'd like to be?

On Tuesday I included a contract for you to sign, here it is again just in case you weren't ready then, you can sign it now and start Sunday. 

Contract

I ___________________ understand that I am attempting to improve myself each day.  I commit myself to my goals, and in turn, commit to rewarding myself appropriately when a goal has been accomplished.  These rewards will be neither edible or drinkable, however they will be enjoyed.  I, _________________, commit myself to this healthy and happy behaviour for the duration of this contract, ending________________.  I will remind myself to strive for progress not perfection.


Signature ________________

Date________________

You up for setting some goals and smashing the hell out of them?

Go to the mirror right now, look yourself in the eyes and read aloud the following;

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
I'll always get up after I fall.
And whether I run, walk or have to crawl,
I'll set my goals and achieve them all!

Yeah let's start off like we mean to carry on, it's okay not to be great this week, it's the calm before the storm.  I'm not being great this week, I'm not being ridiculous either.  The sausages were used up yesterday, sausage, egg, tomatoes and bread for brekkie and sausages, onion gravy, Yorkshire pudding, peas and carrots for dinner, followed by a very early night.  Today I'm thinking ham pie of some kind to get rid of a large chunk of the ham I have, I'm going to improvise on a recipe from the last WW cook book, it won't be as healthy but it will help make some space in the freezer and use up some of the food.

I did brill with my Fitbit goals yesterday, smashed them all, 12,560 steps, 16 floors, 5.35miles, 2,087 calories and 85 active minutes.  I walked Alfie twice because mom can hardly walk at all at the minute, then took myself for a walk once because he's a lazy ass dog who doesn't go very far these days. 

It was a glorious day yesterday, I do hope it is again today, I'll go for a good walk again then.  Right here's to starting my day, I'm thinking a good big mug of tea - nice.

If you've got your 2017 diary handy, go put WWW (Weight Watchers / Work) in there, make those meetings a priority BeYOUtiful.

No comments: