Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 May 2016

Waking up hungry!



12th May 2016
We do not remember days, we remember moments. Cesare Pavese


Yesterday was one of those enjoyable days that just passed by, it didn't start so great, hormones are strong this month I'm afraid, hoping I've come out the other side now.  Once I'd had my little cry over something silly on the morning, I picked up, see the crying released the pressure that was building up and there were no calories in the tears!  How many of us are eating our emotions instead of feeling them, we need to feel not feed no matter how uncomfortable those emotions and feelings are, covering them up with food is never the solution no matter how good that food tastes!


Talking of good food tastes, my lunch yesterday was delicious I cooked one of my Simply Cook recipes kits, it was called bibimbap which is apparently Korean comfort food and I could taste why!   The recipe was meant for two but I split it three ways, used a lot less oil and managed to get it to 10sp a portion and it was absolutely tasty as.  A concoction of flavoured mince, rice, spinach, carrots and beansprouts topped off with a fried egg - what's not to like!  The sauce was a bit too warm for my liking (gochuchang paste) so I only had a little bit of it, would definitely make it again though and it used the beef mince out of my freezer.

Not sure what's on the menu today again, too much on my mind with my new meeting opening tomorrow!  Once that's started I can get a new routine in place, then hopefully once the paperless system that I now use in my is the only way we have to submit the info that will save me time too and I'll be able to have an hour free in the middle of the day for that awful thing called housework!  Yeah it does have to be done sometimes doesn't it or we'll get to the point where we can't get in the house for mess!

I need to make it to a shop today at some point as I want to make tandoori chicken tomorrow for Saturday, and I'm not going to have much free time tomorrow, will be busy getting ready for my new open, I'll still be going to my meeting as a member at lunchtime though. 

I could just eat a slice of this; 

Banana Cake
SERVES 12 ~ Prep time 15 mins ~ Cook time 1 hour + cooling ~ SmartPoints 7 per serving

225g self-raising flour
100g margarine, chopped
100g light muscovado or caster sugar
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
450g bananas (skin on)

Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line a 900g loaf tin with baking paper.

Mix the flour with a pinch of salt, then rub in the margarine with your fingertips until the mixture has the texture of fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and the nutmeg.

Beat the eggs and vanilla together in another bowl. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Stir the egg and bananas into the rubbed mixture to combine.

Tip into the tin and bake for 55-60 mins, until firm and golden. Cool in the tin for 30 mins, then turn the cake out to cool completely.

I'm going to have to watch myself today, I could eat a horse already and it's not even 6am, all be it a banana cake shaped horse, but yes the appetite is strong again this morning, I think I might opt for a No Count day today, I feel the need to feed, is it emotional, is it hormones, is it hunger, is it greed, is it temptation - I'm not sure but I could seriously go and finish off a fry up!  I won't by the way...

What I'm going to do is have a mug of tea and maybe eggs on toast, mmm yeah that sounds like a plan, followed by a shower and getting ready for work.

Here's to noticing or making the magic on a Thursday, let's do this BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: