Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 May 2016

BOOM! Essington was epic...



14th May 2016
If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. Bruce Lee

I think I've finally come back down to earth after a fantastic meeting open last night, once again I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life willing to give up their free time to help me out, I just love them all so much.  The room was buzzing, my manager, bless here helped me massively by doing all the nitty bits that take time (now that's a proper boss, one that gets stuck in - doesn't just stand watching!)  Everyone was so patient and amazing and we had a great night, you know it's been a success when they're struggling to park = result!   I was so busy I missed out on a slice of Julie's awesome cake, at least I saved a few weeklies though.

A Truly Delicious Meal!  The Old Mitre, Essington

It was a great day all round, great days for me always include great food and I'll not lie, eating out, staying on track and GREAT food isn't a sentence I say often, good food yeah, I do enjoy a jacket with a few beans on, but finding a great meal that doesn't put a massive dent in your weeklies is hard to do.  I did it yesterday, we went to the Mitre at Essington https://www.facebook.com/theoldmitreessington, it wasn't on the menu so I asked if there was any chance I could have a pan fried chicken breast on a pile of salad - they said no problem and it was so good, I could eat that any time and be happy, I wished I could make my chicken salad that tasty, so much flavour!



I'd had a giant eggy crumpet for breakfast with mushrooms and tomatoes, then when I got back from my meeting, even though it was half seven, I still had stuff to do and I was bouncing, I still went to the effort of cooking the tandoori chicken I'd put to marinade, so glad I did as that was tasty too.  Check me out, I'd even removed the skin - not gonna lie, it's better with the skin but I saved 5sp removing it and I want a weight loss next Friday! 
I did enjoy a bit of wine, needed to bring me down off the ceiling if I'm honest, and I still finished on 32sp - BOOM! Back on track, happy days.

Today will keep me busy too, I've got my lovely meeting this morning, then a massage this afternoon, then some quality time is in order with my mom, we may even get to sit up the garden if the sun shines, I need to put another coat on the big bench. 

Menu wise today, they'll be Tandoori chicken being cooked again and I bought a lovely piece of cod in Morrisons yesterday to make Baja Fish, it's a Old El Paso taco kit my mate got for me to try, looks delicious as she cooked it last night.  I think I'll have the other crumpet for breakfast as it's past it's sell by date :)

Right I'm still buzzing over last night so I'm going to go pour me another glass of water, and have me a shower. 

Here's to a fantastic weekend #TrackerPact, you're more than welcome to jump on board that challenge, it really helped me stay on track yesterday knowing I was writing it down and I like the look of this tracker;
 


Here's today's recipe,

Margherita Tortilla Pizza
SERVES 2 ~ Prep time 5 mins ~ Cook time 5 mins ~ SmartPoints 6 per serving

2 soft flour tortillas
6 tbsp passata
80g light mozzarella, diced
Handful rocket

Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.

Put the tortillas on a large baking sheet and spread over the passata. Scatter over the mozzarella and
season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Cook in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

Serve topped with rocket and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.

I could use up the extra mini tortillas in my fish kit for that recipe or something similar if we don't eat them all!

Right I'm off, have a good one BeYOUtiful xx


No comments: