Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 15 May 2016

Unicorns and tracking - totally normal!



15th May 2016
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.  Roger Staubach

Tracking really wakes you up to those extras you're ignoring!  Yes I eat healthy but I also like to eat a lot and of course I enjoy a drink - this all soon adds up when you're not bothering to write it down.  A real eye opener day 2 was yesterday, especially after I went to cook the El Pasa kit, yes the nutritional info worked it out at 3sp per tortilla but it also said "as sold", so when I started to read the instructions it wanted me to add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan - erm I don't think so at 4sp a tablespoon, so I changed to No Count for the day and cooked the fish in the oven with the flavouring powder packet from the box and served it with actifry jersey mids - tasty they are!  I used my weeklies for my wine so I'm still on track and ready for day 3 of #trackerpact.  I'm thinking another No Count day because I have some gammon in the fridge and mom can have a ready meal that's in there if she's not up for gammon, but if we go out and she has cake, she'll not want 'proper' food as she calls it.

It's been a lovely week in my meetings, finished off nicely yesterday morning at Old Fallings, such a lovely group, lively yet relaxed and lots of giggles had. Lots of camera shy success this week too, which is what it's all about, losing the pounds and feeling happier.  See I also say what happens in meetings, stays in meetings, however with the age of phone cameras that's never gonna happen is it and now there are photos out there of me dressed as a Unicorn, as you do ;) on one I look like a horse neighing, and that's my face not the outfit lol!  All good fun, who cares what I look like, I don't, I only truly care how I feel if I'm honest, that's the most important thing ;-)
My afternoon was very relaxed, I'm loving listening to moms old records on our player, I also enjoyed my massage and a couple of hours in the garden.  Lovely and chilled, I then fell asleep in my armchair which is probably why I have a bit of a crick in my neck this morning, yep Eurovision sent me to sleep, I don't think I even made it to the third song and I woke up about midnight!  I've just had to google the winner, not that I care if I'm honest.

It's looking like a lovely day out there, I've got a few things to do but then I think we might go for a drive, we'll see how we both feel after breakfast and a huge mug of tea - I need a big mug of tea, I've drunk my pint of water but it's not cutting it if I'm honest, I need caffeine this morning.  I also need to do some cleaning - boringhell I know but it has to be done at some point and I've been so busy getting ready for my new meeting that there ain't been a fat lot of anything else done.  Although my mom cleared out the shed and did an amazing job of it!  Now if we could both have a day with that kind of momento and give the house a good sort out, through stuff away and have a real clear up that would make me feel great.  Sounds a bit sad that doesn't it but there is nothing better than a good sort and clean, mmm wonder if she's in the mood...  We shall wait and see, because we could always go for a drive tomorrow when everyone else is at work. 

But first paperwork, so I'll let you get on with your day, whatever you have planned, enjoy it, if you in our #trackerpact, make sure you do it, day 3 for me, ready to do it!

Here's your recipe;

THAI CHICKEN SALAD
SERVES 2 ~ Prep time 10 mins ~ Cook time 10 mins ~ SmartPoints 5 per serving

65g fine rice noodles
Calorie controlled cooking spray
75g baby corn, halved
60g sugar snap peas
50g carrots, cut into ribbons
250g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp each chopped
fresh mint and fresh basil

For the dressing
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Thai fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, diced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
½ tsp clear honey

Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to
stand for 5 mins, then drain.

Combine the dressing ingredients and stir half through the noodles.

Mist a wok with cooking spray. Stir-fry the corn for 2 mins, then add the peas.  Stir-fry for a further 2 mins, adding the carrots for the last 30 seconds. Add the vegetables to the noodles.

Add the chicken and remaining dressing to the wok and cook for 3-4 mins. Toss the herbs and noodles together and divide between 2 plates. Top with the chicken and serve.


No comments: