Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 May 2016

Tracking Thursday is needed here!

5th May 2016
Time goes on.  So whatever you're going to do, do it.  Do it now.  Don't wait. Robert De Niro


Woke up feeling good, I've just meditated for 20 minutes, sat here drinking my pint of water before I start my busy day, yesterday was a good day for sure.  I had my annual review which went well, lots of success in my meetings yesterday too and some good chat.  I also ate out yesterday lunchtime, opted for a carvery, we were at The Chestnut by Ikea, you can choose small, medium or large plates which I thought was a great idea and the lady told me they steam all their veggies and very little oil is used on the potato.  They were generous with the meat, so I only had one potato, a yorkie and plenty veg, I did have stuffing but would resist next time as it wasn't work wasting points on that bit.  My medium carvery kept me satisfied for the rest of the day, I just had a shack when I got home before going to bed.

 The desserts there were huge though, I'm glad I'm able to resist because they would do some serious damage to my Smart Point allowance!  Instead I sampled the new yogurt biscuits that were in my stock delivery, 2sp each, I only got one though before my mom disappeared with the rest of the packet!


The new No Count cook books arrived so I'm looking forward to having a look at that and getting a few meals cooked up, I still haven't been shopping!  I'll pop along to the greengrocers at the Hollybush today to get me 10% discount, then I plan to use some of stuff out the freezer first because I can barely open the drawers so I don't need MORE food in the house really do I, fresh fruit and veg yes, but nothing else.

I fancy curry for tea I think, I know I've got a couple of veggie ones in the cupboard I had from Lidls, so think I'll have one of them tonight, that'll save cooking just pop it in a pan or microwave.  And I have plenty of eggs to use, so that's breakfast sorted too, yeah scrambled eggs on toast mmm!

I got given some lovely flowers yesterday too, that brightened my day even more, you can't beat flowers to put a smile on my face.  The sunshine helped too and it looks set for another day of sunshine.  This week I've been cheered up with words too, it doesn't always take a gift, to have someone I barely know comment or send me a little message to say I inspire or motivate them is lovely and much appreciated.

I'm waffling today ain't I, so I'm going to go get ready for work and make my eggs.  If you fancy something different for breakfast, how about pancakes, these american pancakes with blueberries sound scrumptious, antioxidant-packed blueberries don’t just taste good – they give these breakfast pancakes a healthy kick, too. Why not rustle up a large batch of batter so you can cook extra pancakes to freeze them for another day. Simply defrost them in the fridge overnight then warm through in the microwave before serving.  You could have them for breakfast or an light evening meal!

American pancakes with blueberries
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 10 ~ mins ~ Cook time 10-12 mins ~ 6SP per serving

2 eggs, separated
75ml skimmed milk
80g self-raising flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
Calorie controlled cooking spray
250g blueberries
120ml 0% fat natural Greek yogurt

Put the egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl and whisk together. Sift in the
fl our and then add the sugar. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.

In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form then gradually
fold into the batter mix, using a metal spoon.

Mist a large non-stick frying pan with the cooking spray. Drop 3 or 4 spoonfuls
of batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for
another 1 minute until the they are cooked and golden.  Remove from the pan and
keep warm.

Repeat until all the batter is used up – you should have 12 pancakes in total.

Serve 3 pancakes per person layered with a handful of the blueberries
and the yogurt.

Right I'm off, I fancy pancakes now!  I don't think I have self raising flour though, I fancy those scotch pancakes now, they're about 3sp each, mmm with banana and a bit of choc shot or my NT coffee curd, nom nom, that needs to go on my 'To Eat' list, or maybe if I'm lucky the thought will be forgotten in an hour, my memories not the best ;)

Here's to Tracking Thursday I think, I haven't tracked for a few weeks because of doing No Count and then just not getting back to it, so I need to make myself aware of what I'm consuming again.  You joining me BeYOUtiful, you up for tracking Thursday?  Have a great day. xx

No comments: