Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 May 2016

Got my 5% didn't I - BOOM!



21st May 2016
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.  Henry Ford


Well last night was another great night!  Fab weight losses, busy and buzzing meeting, looks like Essington's ready to get healthy and happy and that's what makes my job amazing!  The teacher asked Annmarie's lad " what job does mom and dad do! He replied "dad builds massive towers and mom makes people better"
The teacher then asked, " how does mom make people better?  His reply "she helps people get healthy".  How wonderful is that, she's a Weight Watcher leader and he talks about healthy not 'thin', I loved hearing about that little story, makes me smile so much.

Anyway, guess what, if you haven't already seen it on Facebook - I got my 5% certificate yesterday, oh yeah, it may have taken me some time but I got there!  I just love eating and drinking don't I, so I'm happy to lose it slowly as long as I can still have my wine, I'll chip away at it slowly.  I'm in the next stone bracket so that made me smile too, I may have to make housework a regular thing if it's going to help with my weight loss (was that actually me that just wrote that!)

I've got me a day planned, starting with my lovely Saturday morning meeting, followed by a sneaky massage, then lunch with my ladies and the theatre, we're off to see Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat.  Hopefully I'll won't fall asleep ;-)

Now I didn't have the lowest pointed day yesterday, after feeling sicky all morning, I had chips in Wetherspoons, I thought if I was going to actually be sick, I may as well put something in my stomach to help!  I wasn't so I do think it was hormonal and I'm fine this morning.  I think I'm going to be ordering that delicious chicken salad again today from the Old Mitre at Essington, unless he wants a challenge to cook something else, I might do a No Count day and have steak, we'll see.  I'm going to track on my app this week to see if I prefer it to paper, at least I have my phone with me constantly and now I can change from Smart Points to No Count easily, it's more appealing.

Although I should be opting for vegetarian as that's what we're chatting about in the meeting, I will make something the weekend.  I did my shopping online yesterday to be delivered tomorrow, all healthy stuff to set me up for another good week.

We were chatting about the veggie stuff and it reminded me of a delicious meal my sister-in-law made up when we visited Corfu, I might have to have another go at it, because mine wasn't as good as hers, this was the recipe she gave me;

Briam

Courgettes
Potatoes
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
Onion
Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt, pepper, oregano, chill flakes
1 large Red Pepper

Chop up everything put in oven in roasting tray for approx 1 ½ hours, top up with water during the course of cooking time.

I'm not good without weights and stuff on recipes but hey ho, worth a try.  Now this one was also mentioned at some point, making your own baked beans, truly tasty, way better than a tin!

Home-Made Baked Beans,

10 Smart Points total, how much you have depends on what you’re serving it with.

410g / 14 ½ oz haricot beans (can) (6sp)
2 tsp olive oil (2sp)
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp agave syrup (2sp)
400g / 14 oz chopped tomatoes (can)
1 tbsp tomato purée
½ tsp rosemary

Empty the contents of the haricot beans’ can into a saucepan. Heat gently for 5 mins, stirring frequently. Drain well.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, celery and garlic for 4 mins, or until the onion starts to soften.  Stir in the agave syrup, chopped tomatoes and tomato purée. Simmer for 2 mins.  Then stir in the cooked haricot beans and rosemary. Return to the boil and then simmer for about 8 mins, or until all vegetables are soft and piping hot.

Right I'm off to get ready for my day, looking forward to catching up with all my mates, enjoying good food and seeing a show, then tomorrow is all about me and mom, we barely saw each other yesterday!

Enjoy your day, stay happy BeYOUtiful and focus on that healthy.

No comments: