Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 May 2016

Monday already!



2nd May 2016
Being both soft and strong is a combination very few have mastered. 
Mom and I had another lovely drive out yesterday to see the bluebell woods, they look spectacular together as one big carpet, when you look at them individually they're not quite so spectacular.  Just one of many examples in this world of together is better. We popped in to say hello to my bestie on our way back too, so that was a bonus, I do wish she lived next door so we could pop in and out of each others kitchens, I've never felt like that about anyone before, she's been my rock on many occasions over the last few years and we've had so many giggles.  We're off to paint pots together today, me, Lynne and AnnMarie, we're taking the kids as our cover story :)

I don't tend to talk about the not so good stuff online because let's be honest, no one really wants to know, they've got enough going on in their own world.  But for once I'll break that unwritten rule and it might help someone else to know no one is liked by everyone.  This happened the other day, and sometimes it takes me a few days to process stuff plus my belief has always been what other people think of me is none of my business, I know not everyone will like me!  I also know I can be a bit like marmite, you love me or you don't, but I have to admit to find out and know someone had written "you couldn't have picked a worst ww consultant" on a Facebook post really hurt! Even writing it now gives me a horrible feeling in my chest.  Why?  Because being a leader isn't just a job for me, it's a passion, I've never been a 9-5 leader and because I can hand on heart say I do my best to make everyone I meet feel better about themselves, that's the only reason I do the job I do, I don't even care if they lose weight as long as they learn to love themselves.  For me the job isn't just about weight loss it's about becoming happy with who you are because happy people make healthier choices as they want to take care of themselves.  Then weight loss doesn't seem such a difficult task, it becomes something you want to do rather than something you have to do. 

I'm not perfect, like everyone I have my off days, I try not to take them to work but I doubt I manage that 100% of the time and that comment means at some time I've offended someone, I just wished they'd told me so I could've apologised and rectified the situation.  No one gets it right all the time, life's all about balance, if you look at the Yin Yang idea, there's good and bad in everyone and it's finding that balance.

I took my own advice in the end, even though, there's still that feeling in my chest at the moment, and that advise is, "What other people think of me is none of my business, as long as I haven't intentionally hurt someone then I can only apologise." 

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone or worrying what others think, I'm all for love and forgiveness, so I'll no move on from that comment, hope that person can do the same and get on with my day because as much as I love my job, it won't take care of me when I'm sick, my friends and family will do that and I know they love me, I'm truly blessed in that department.

I'll also focus my attention on the many members I have in my meeting each week that I do help, that I love to see succeeding, that I get to be part of their journey, how lucky am I - REALLY, I get to watch people change into who they want to be or get back to who they were, it really, really, really is just the most amazing job to have.

Today I shall mostly continue to focus on the magic in my world, yesterday that included bluebells, deer, besties, mom being witty, Alfie wanting a cuddle and not forgetting finally getting to watch the latest Star Wars movie and leftovers - they always taste better than the first time you ate the meal.

What was magic about your world yesterday BeYOUtiful?  Focus on that xx

I know they say chicken soup is good for the soul, but how about a bowl of broccoli & cheddar soup;

Broccoli and cheddar soup
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 10 mins ~ Cook time 30 mins ~ SmartPoints 5 per serving

Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped
200g potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 litre hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
350g broccoli, broken into florets and stalk chopped
2-3 tsp wholegrain mustard
150g half-fat mature Cheddar, grated

Heat a large, nonstick pan and mist with cooking spray.  Add the onion and garlic and cook, covered, for 3-4  mins, until starting to soften. Stir in the potato and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins.

Add the broccoli, and simmer, covered, for 10 mins until just tender.  Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and blend using a hand-held stick blender.

Return the pan to the heat, stir in the mustard and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Warm through and serve topped with the Cheddar.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog Bev and draw inspiration from it every day! Keep up the excellent work...and I love Marmite! ;)
Di from Darlington 45yrs 😘

Bev said...

Bless you Di, thank you for your lovely words xx