Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 May 2016

Everybody can cook...



27th May 2016
The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. Jim Morrison
It's been an interesting week, I'm hoping for a stayed the same at the scales today, but I'll take whatever they say because I'm happy and busy focusing on the smile moments rather than focusing on numbers.  I'm eating healthily, the weights coming off slowly and I'm enjoying life.  Summer is on its way - it is honest although you wouldn't have thought so yesterday - and when it arrives I'll spend more time outside.

Bank holiday this weekend, I hadn't realised, so we won't be venturing far, I'm not fighting the crowds, let's hope we get some sunshine and I can sit up the garden and finish my book - aahh bliss.

I'll spend a bit of time in the kitchen too, fancy cooking a potato and green bean curry, I'm probably use one of the simply cook kits and just omit the chicken.  I was talking to a member yesterday who said she couldn't really cook and wanted lessons.  I'm trying to think of easy meals to cook to help build confidence in the kitchen because sometimes it's just creating a couple of meals that work and then you realise it isn't that difficult after all.

Fish cakes is probably one of them, super easy.  I'll keep thinking, Shepherds pie another, any suggestions - message me...  info@happyowls.co.uk.  I'm going to make these today http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/Caulicheesecakes.html because I already have the left over mash and a cauliflower on the side that needs cooking.

I do fancy this really easy to cook dinner though;

Oven-baked risotto
Serves 4 at 14sp or serves 5 at 11sp

 250g pack smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces (9sp)
1 onion , chopped
25g butter (9sp)
300g risotto rice (30sp)
 half a glass of white wine (optional) (2sp)
150g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
700ml hot chicken stock (from a cube is fine)
50g Parmesan , grated (7sp)

1.    Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Fry the bacon pieces in an ovenproof pan or casserole dish for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp. Stir in the onion and butter and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Tip in the rice and mix well until coated. Pour over the wine if using and cook for 2 mins until absorbed.
2.    Add the cherry tomatoes and the hot stock, then give the rice a quick stir. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 18 mins until just cooked. Stir through most of the Parmesan and serve sprinkled with the remainder.
Mmm, might need to make a meal plan ready for when then food in the fridge has been used.

Right I'm off suns smiling, ooo that was a typo, I meant to write suns shining, but I like the suns smiling better, here's to joining it today and smiling a lot!

I've got a large Heck sausage order being delivered today, so if some of it's yours please don't forget to pick it up tonight or tomorrow morning ;)

Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: