Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 May 2016

I'm happy to be a tool!



18th May 2016
Change your thoughts and change your world. Norman Vincent Peale


Banana and cheese omelette!  Yep that was the most random vegetarian meal I heard yesterday, I would have it for breakfast to try but mom ate the last banana yesterday so it'll have to wait till I get some more.  I don't very often pull that "really" face over food suggestions but to me that seemed a little odd, you put the cheese on the omelette and the banana whilst in the pan... Interesting, strange even but needs to be eaten before I judge.

Just about to start day 6 of my tracker, it has to be done, it's a real eye opener when you're honest with yourself, I've just realised I haven't put my milk for tea on the last couple of days, which just shows how easy it is to overlook things. 

I saw a post from Emma yesterday and it started "So today I've armed myself with the tools we all have..."  I liked this and it made me think of the tools we have in our house that we use to help us lose.  That might be different for all of us, so have a think.  The first she wrote was water, I agree I'd say mine is my pint glass, it's on my desk as a reminder that I need to fill it up first thing in the morning to start my day off in a positive way, my rule is I can't have a mug of tea till I've drunk a pint of water.  That reward system works for me, I'm more than happy to fill that glass to get to my morning brew.

I've also got a water bottle that I was given a few weeks ago, that I need to start using throughout the day too, especially now the weathers warming up, although it's pouring down out there now!

Next she'd wrote ideas - No Count cookbook (ooo I have more arriving today), Eat Book, Magazine.  Again like Emma I need ideas, I get bored if I eat the same meals so I like to look for new stuff.

Unlike Emma I have One Cal spray and healthy oil, she's not a fan of the one cal chemical stuff, I'm more you gotta die from something and I can fry onions and eggs for zero points with it ;)

Kitchen Scales are always out in my kitchen, whether it's as tidy as it is today or not, my scales never get put away and I use them constantly - heads up there’s £10 off the Kitchen Scales from Sunday 22nd May until Saturday 4th June (Weeks 21 and 22 only).

My Fitbit, it's finally reattached and I've been doing my best to hit my 10,000 steps a day this week, missed it two days but still improved on last few weeks.

My phone - my lifeline, I use the WW app constantly to work out points in food, I sometimes track on it but this week I'm on my paper tracker.  It also keeps me in touch with my members, my friends and my fellow Weight Watchers.

Myself - yep I don't' mind be called a tool :) this week my hands have earned me activity points by cleaning my house - I did the bathroom and living room yesterday, a real good clean, my hands are like sandpaper sadly this morning, so they now need lots of hand cream to get them back to smooth.  My feet have done some steps, we even did the Mile Walk at Attingham on Monday. 

Then there's my mind, my body has the ability but not unless my mind is behind it, everything starts up there, I can decide I'm doing it or decide I'm not!  I can believe in myself or give up, what we think - we become. 

So today I'm going to think healthy and happy, I'm going to go check out my fridge and cupboard contents and plan today's meals, I'm going to make the decision to find time today to change my bedding and wash the one that's on - that'll be my housework task for today (a bit at a time gets me where I ultimately want my house to be) the same is true for my body, a bit at a time, a tweak a week will ultimately get me where I want to be. 

Making sure I have the tools I need to do that, well that's going to help me a damn sight more than wishful thinking, waiting for a miracle or hoping my motivation lasts...

There are lots of other tools in my house that help me stay healthy, I bet there are in yours, so let's make sure we're making full use of them.

Now what veggie recipe shall I share today...

Griddled vegetable and halloumi burger with chilli yoghurt
serves 4 ~ Hands-on time 25 min ~ Easy ~ 12sp each
2 courgettes
1 large aubergine
1 onion
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (1sp)
100g Halloumi (12sp)
3 tbsp olive oil (14sp)
4 bread rolls (16sp)
60g 0% Greek yogurt (1sp)
1½ tbsp sweet or hot chilli sauce (2sp)
Handful rocket

Heat a griddle pan to high. Cut the courgettes and aubergine into thin strips. Cut the onion into 8 wedges and the halloumi into 8 slices.

Brush the aubergines with oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper, then griddle for 2-3 minutes on both sides until tender and striped (don’t crowd the griddle pan – cook in batches if necessary). Remove and keep warm. Repeat with the courgettes. Toss the onion with the vinegar and griddle as above, then grill the halloumi for 10-20 seconds on each side. Halve the rolls and toast lightly, cut-side down, on the griddle pan for 20 seconds.

Meanwhile mix the yogurt and chilli sauce in a bowl.

To make each burger put the courgettes, aubergine, halloumi and onions on the base, then top with the chilli yogurt and rocket. Add the roll tops and serve.



Recipe taken from http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk website, they do a great magazine too.  It does sound tasty, be great at a bbq, another suggestion last night was roasted portobello mushrooms with an egg on the top, mmm tasty.

Right all this talk of food is making me peckish and it's not even 6am yet!  Have a great day BeYOUtiful, I know I will!

No comments: