Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 May 2016

I haven't got a magic metabolism after all ;-/



7th May 2016
Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.  Julia Child

The scales weren't my friend yesterday, 1.5lb on!  That's what happens when you don't plan, track or stick to your points - I didn't do any of it, the meals I cooked at home were good healthy ones (mostly) but I ate out four times over the week, I had a gremlin moment Thursday night too so it wasn't going to end well.   

I also did that daft thing where I get a weight loss the week before I wasn't expecting to be so good so I got cocky, thinking ooo I must have a magic metabolism and I can eat more than anyone else on the plan, I'll carry on doing that then!  Then it bites me on the bum the week after, I've been 1lb off my 5% so many times and put a bit on again, so now I'm 2.5lb off my 5%.  Hey ho, back to it, yesterday went well and we even ate out wisely.  I'm going to add, I hadn't had any breakfast the week before so that would have helped the numbers on the scales look better than they should, I won't skip my breakfast again because that was what triggered my week of over-indulgence, if you recall I was over hungry when I ordered last Fridays meal!

We ate lunch at Simply Delicious in Aldridge, where I opted for a chicken and bacon salad, delicious by the way, about 3 slices of streaky bacon cooked crispy, just how I like them (5sp), some sliced chicken (1sp), I'd guess 2tsp of oil (3sp) for the sautéed mushrooms, then zero for all the lovely salad underneath.  Afterwards we nipped in the butchers across the road because he does 5% mince and I needed lamb chops to do a Simply Cook recipe for Masala lamb, I nearly died at the price but meat just isn't cheap is it, which is why we should be eating more vegetarian foods, it's also better for the environment to eat more grains and veggies did you know that?

Bought all my meat from the butchers then nipped in Morrison's for a few basics I needed like milk, I also bought light blue cheese dressing to have on wedges of lettuce with my meals - delicious! 

My meals on my tracker yesterday looked like this;

Slice of toast (2sp), egg (2sp) mushrooms & tomato, spread (1sp) total 5sp
Chicken and bacon salad total (8sp)
 
Jacket Potato (8sp - I weighed it!), tuna (1sp), mayo (1sp) onions, lettuce, blue cheese dressing (1sp) - total 11sp

Total 23sp, leaving a few to spend on you can guess, just going to show you can eat good food within your allowance.

I'm thinking the chops today, because I'll have a decent breakfast, then probably a bit of fruit when out (making the effort to eat fruit this week after my visit to the greengrocers at the Hollybush to get my 10%), which will mean I'll have the points for the lamb which is quite a high pointed meal. 

I've got you a lamb recipe for today too, so I'll say goodbye, I know I'm planning an on track weekend, I've made a pact with some of my members that we're all going to do it.  Do you want to join in with that pact BeYOUtiful.  Have a super Saturday, don't forget to notice the real magic!

Garlicky lamb cobbler
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 10 mins ~ Cook time 1 hour 30 mins ~ SmartPoints 12 per serving

Lamb’s a source of protein, to help you feel fuller for longer, plus it contains vitamin B12, essential for
red blood cell production, and vitamin B3, which helps your body release energy from food.

Calorie controlled cooking spray
400g lamb leg steak, chopped in pieces
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
75g frozen peas
1 garlic baguette
Steamed zero SmartPoint vegetables, such as carrots and broccoli, to serve

Mist an ovenproof dish with cooking spray and fry the lamb, turning, until browned, then lift out of the dish and set aside.

Add the onion and garlic with a splash of water.  Season and fry, stirring, for 5 mins.

Return the lamb to the pan. Add the tomatoes, 1 x tin water and the rosemary. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.

Stir in the peas, then break the baguette into slices to top the dish.

Bake for a further 20 mins, until golden. Divide between 4 plates and serve with the vegetables.

Add chilli flakes with the tomatoes for a spicy kick.

Only a week away, woo hoo!
 


No comments: