Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 19 May 2016

Great day yesterday, let's do it again!



19th May 2016
Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf.

If it hadn't been for the bit of ham, yesterday would've been completely vegetarian!  Breakfast was tomato, ham and egg on toast, lunch was portobello mushroom burger with salad and tea was cheese and onion cobs.  All delicious, but the burgers were the business.

I weighed the cobs and they were 5sp, I don't like the squashy white bread in the middle so I took that out and this took the cobs down to 3sp like this;


 Then I sprinkle frozen chopped garlic on the mushrooms and some pilau rice seasoning before topping each mushroom with 2sp of Cathedral City lighter cheese. Cooked them in the oven for 15 minutes and popped them in the cobs, really tasty.   






I did the same with my cheese cobs to bring the points down.
 

I love the sound of this veggie recipe, I might need to do it if I can get my hands on some mixed mushrooms, it does sound tasty.  I forgot to buy bananas too so can't try the omelette again!

Mushroom panzanella salad
Serves 4 ~ Hands-on time 30 min ~ Easy ~ 11sp per serving
4 tbsp olive oil (19SP)
200g good quality bread (13SP)
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
650g mixed mushrooms
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
50ml white wine (1SP)
150g rocket
Squeeze lemon juice
125g buffalo mozzarella (12SP) use light mozzarella (7sp) and save 1sp per serving

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, tear the bread into chunks, then gently fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until toasted. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt.

Slice the garlic and onion. Heat 1 tbsp oil in the frying pan, fry the garlic and onion for 10 minutes or until soft, then remove from the pan. 3. Add the remaining oil to the pan and turn the heat to high. Slice the mushrooms, then fry in batches for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden

Return the onion/garlic to the pan, add the vinegar and wine and some seasoning, then simmer for 3-4 minutes.  Dress the rocket with the lemon juice Tear the mozzarella into chunks, then combine all the ingredients (include any juices in the pan) on a platter. 

That does sound tasty doesn't it. 

It was a cracking night for the lads at Ashmore Park last night, Keith got his 2 stone award, Wayne got his 50lb award and Mark achieved his goal weight, 101.5lb lost - just incredible, over 7 stone gone, just brilliant!

I'm hoping for a loss myself tomorrow, I have done the #trackerpact, today's day 7, I've got some chilli con carne that I made at the meeting last night, I couldn't believe I'd never actually made a chilli in my life so decided to make one with veggie quorn, very tasty, I thought we could have it on a jacket potato or with some spaghetti.  My to eat list is getting longer, on it at the moment is;

- Stewing steak with mash and veg
- Corned beef hash
- Mushroom panzanella salad
- caramelised onion pizza

I need to do a meal planner and shopping list don't I!  That'll have to be tomorrow, I've already stripped my bed this morning, that's my bit of domestic goddess for today, 5 meetings ahead of me, I've got plenty to focus on!

Right I've just finished my pint of water, thinking mushrooms on toast for breakfast, they'll be an egg on that of course, breakfast isn't breakfast without the involvement of an egg ;)

Have a tremendous Thursday BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy and happy, take care of you and be nice xx

No comments: