Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 August 2014

You're not the only one that struggles...



8th August 2014
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. Vincent Van Gogh

WOO HOO it’s Friday! And I’ve just written my ‘out of office’ notice for my email, first time I’ve written one of those since Christmas, the plan is to have the weekend work free once today’s paperwork is done, I know it won’t be 100% work free and that’s ok as long as it’s a restful weekend.

I had a really tasty lunch yesterday, Rosemarie one of my lovely members bought me some of her special tasty chicken and WOW it was so tasty, I had it with mixed grains and it made of a really good lunch, here’s her recipe;
Chicken portions
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp coriander
1 veg oxo
1 thin sliced tomato
1 thin sliced onion
1 thin sliced red and green peppers

Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken mix properly in a bowl and leave over night to marinate. Pour into a dish cover with foil and cook into oven.

I will definitely be trying to make this, the one Rosemarie made me was made with chicken drumsticks which are F&H if you remove the skin, it really was a deliciously flavoursome meal and the juice flavoured the grains perfectly.

I was super organised yesterday morning and got my dinner in the slow cooker before leaving the house, that too was tasty and I can eat it again today, I got creative, and threw in things I know I like the taste of so after skinning and quartering the chicken, I added sliced onion, peppers, sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, black olives, garlic cloves, butter beans, a few tablespoons white wine, I think that was everything and it came out how I’d imagined it which is always a bonus!

I picked up some “hairy biker” cooking sauces last night in Asda, Lamb Saag Curry for 3pp for the packet and Chicken Tikka Masala or chicken Korma for 4pp for the packet, look forward to trying them, see what they’re like.


I’m going to go in a minute as I have so much to do but first I wanted all those of you who are struggling and think you’re the only one to know you aren’t I weighed so many ladies yesterday (and men as can feel this way of course, I just didn’t weigh any yesterday who did ;)) who are finding this time of the year tough, it’s a total change in routine, kids are off school, you’re out of routine and it’s a totally different time for you all.  Please don’t think it’s just you, it isn’t, you’re not “hopeless” as one of you said yesterday. It’s not just you, it’s a lot of people, so remind yourself you’re human and doing your best.  I seriously bow down before some of you moms, it’s difficult enough being a parent, throw some special needs into the mix and it gets even more difficult.  I see such strength if all of you, however don’t be afraid to show your vulnerability, no one is expected to be ‘strong’ all the time and to be able to ‘do it all’ you’re not machines, you don’t have to be perfect and you can only do your best.   So go take a look at yourself in the mirror and see the incredibly, amazing, resilient, unique, fabulously awesome lady I see every week when you get on my scales, see your BeYOUtiful because I see it every time I look at you all, each and every one of my members male or female is fantastic, now you just need to realise it yourself.

Happy Friday all, focus on the Healthy & Happy and never forget your worth it BeYOUtiful.







No comments: