Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 2 March 2024

You've got to love a good glass of red!

Saturday 2nd March 2024



I had a lovely day yesterday but I did go over my calories by 301, I had wine, I'll explain in a minute!  Looking at the fitbit though I still burned more, so input was 2078, burned was 2,391 so I'll take that, plus 26 zone mins and none of them were in the 40 minutes I was at the gym being shown a few exercises to do to help my back.  That shows you can get your heart rate up doing normal stuff in the house and garden.

Anyway back to the wine, I was making a cottage pie ish meal, no recipe just making it up as I went along, trying to put lots of veggies in to help towards the five a day, even radishes!  It turned out really good.  

  



Anyway I decided to pop a glass of red wine in it as I was cooking, I had a couple of bottles of gifted European wine that I hadn't drunk because I usually don't like them, so I opened one that his sister had bought me almost 2 years ago. WELL, turns out it was blooming delicious, so I gave him a bit to try and he said "yeah I'll I have a glass of that", so we were drinking that as it was too good for the food, I opened the other one which was almost as good but I did put a glass of that in the dinner.  

The dinner was great, 9/10 from Aryn, he said it lost a point because it had vegetables in it and vegetables taste of sad :), himself went back for seconds which is a very, good sign and said he'd have it again for sure.  I've just put the leftovers in two of the larger takeaway tubs.  I've put that it served 6 but it might feed 8 normal people! 

I have to say I used Organic Beef, it was on offer a couple of weeks ago and thankfully still was when I ordered it this week because you really can tell the difference when you cook it.  I want to make burgers with it next time.

Anyway we drank that bottle, then of course there was the open bottle which we started on, then he said do you wanna come over the put but I was too cozy in my scruffs, so I said you go I'll finish this glass of wine.  Then I knocked it over!  So when he'd gone, I drank the last bit of the port instead, it was lush then I fell asleep watching my movie on the sofa and he came back at half eight and woke me up.  He suggested more wine, thankfully I resisted, I didn't need more wine, I needed my bed.

That was my day, well apart from the housework stuff, I steamed the new velvet curtains to get all the creases out, that's a great gadget I paid about £35 for it I think but it does get creases out well, you can iron things hanging up!  This ones not available anymore but there are lots like it.



Here's to enjoying another day and tracking regardless!  

Mwah, luv u


Love me x


No comments: