Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 March 2024

Memories sometimes pour from you eyes

 Tuesday 12th March 2024 



Well I had a busy morning yesterday, put together the huddle chat - WHY IS IT SO HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT! - now there's a topic!  Whilst doing that, I did a few loads of washing, then did the washing up and some tidying up before going to Aldi for a few bits of which they actually didn't have half of what I wanted, but still managed to spend £30!

When I got back, I tidied up the decking and put some cushions out to see how it all looked now he's finished the lean to.  I'm really pleased with it, a little wind proof corner for me and waterproof too of course.  It'll look lovely with some flowers growing up that trellis in the summer.

 

Food wise, I finally had the hot dogs I'd been craving for weeks, had them as my brunch so two meals in one at least!  

791 calories but damn they were good, 2 would've been enough though, or two rolls with 4 hotdogs, let's be honest its the onions that are the best bit.

Dinner time was a weird concoction but it was tasty, I wanted macaroni cheese but knew it wouldn't go down well without meat so I bought pork chops as lamb is way too expensive.  I felt I should put a veg on the plate and found a pepper in the fridge and some plum tomatoes so that'll do, then added garlic bread.  863 calories though, so quite high and I did go over again on my calories by 390, I'll get back on it properly, I'm not off track completely, it's being tracked at least. 


We did go back to the gym, managed 77 zone minutes with that and the work I'd done in the garden, plus almost 8k steps so happy with that.  It's telling me I burned 2416 calories and I consumed a few less than that so here's hoping for a maintain this Thursday because I'm running out of days!

I'm not giving myself a hard time about it, it's a strange month, 3 years since mom passed this month and it feels different because the pain and stress of the difficult years are starting to fade so I'm remembering the wonderful times we had together which of course is making me miss her in a way I haven't since she passed.  Working in the garden reminds me of the wonderful hours we spent out there, I completely changed the living room after she died so there's no memories in the visual of that room but the garden, well, she's everywhere.  Silly things like looking at the summerhouse and thinking of the time she denied breaking the glass whilst throwing her bricks lol.  Even the flowers I'm planning have memories of where they were in the garden when she was here.  Oh I need to stop because my eyes are starting to water. 

Time to get ready for work, here's to a great day, lots of giggles both at work and at home.  I may not have mom in my life anymore but I still have a house full of love and laughter and for that I'm thankful.  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx



No comments: