Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 March 2024

Weekend ahead - I will survive!

Saturday 16th March 2024


I'm back on track after my half a pound gain on Thursday, managed a day within my calories Friday enjoying my meals.  Scrambled egg on toast, absolutely delicious and spinach and ricotta tortelloni for dinner after a busy day, something that only take 5 minutes to cook from frozen is always welcome.  The fact they were reduced to 80p when I bought them was an added bonus!

I made a batch of pickled eggs yesterday morning as we love a pickled egg, we also had scrambled egg on toast and to use the other eggs and a tub of cottage cheese that needed using up, I made a crustless quiche which the boys inhaled between them!  

Crustless quiche

6 eggs

1 pot of fat free cottage cheese (I used cheese and chive)

half an onion

1 pepper 

3 slices smoked bacon 

1/2 tsp garlic granules

salt and pepper 

tomatoes to top


Chop and fry bacon and veg (use any veggies you have, use ham instead of bacon) 

whisk together eggs, cottage cheese and seasoning.  Mix everything together and put in an ovenproof dish - I lined mine with baking paper.  top with tomatoes and cook for 40-45 minutes in fan oven at 160.

I also topped it with a bit of grated cheese.

We had a busy day doing stuff to the motorhome but by the time we'd finished, I cooked us a delicious bit of rump (1/2 price offer in M&S) and had it with Cheesy green vegetable bake the boys had curly fries with theirs.  It was a fab bit of beef, I know not everyone likes rare beef but it's the best way to eat it. 

We'd done a lot in the day and it showed by us being in bed by 9!  I was wide awake at 1am though, hot flushes turned into full on sweats and I gave up on trying to get back to sleep, so came down for an hour, went back up around 2.15 and managed to get a few more hours. 

I've done my physio this morning, had the morning off yesterday, it is paying off.  I was able to help him with the motorhome yesterday which involved a lot of standing about that I wouldn't have been able to do a couple of months ago.

My knees playing up now though, you can't win can ya, gotta love an aging body :) 

On that note, I'm off to get ready for work, looking forward to the huddle and the rest of my day.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x




No comments: