Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Improving slowly - thankfully

 Tuesday 5th March 2024


I'm not gonna lie, getting up earlier to do an hours physio is not my idea of fun, everything else is getting done later including my blog and there's a pile of washing up that I'm ignoring at the minute because I want to get this done first.  At least I'm showered and dressed and I do think the physio is helping slowly!

I'm eating a mango as I type, it took me 3 minutes to peel and slice 3 of them whilst the kettle boiled and my wheat bag for my back heated up in the microwave, the were about to die, all shrivelling up but they taste okay, hoping Aryn will eat what's left, or maybe smoothie it.   Healthy eating doesn't have to take ages but it does take some effort!

Yesterday I felt like I never stopped till I sat down for dinner at 5pm, day started as it always does, then I had an appointment to have my nails done, I opted for purple in memory of mom, her favourite colour, I've never been a fan, but I wanted them to remind me of her all month as 3 years ago, March was the most difficult and emotional months of my life, it's Mothers day this weekend and the anniversary of her death on the 22nd, so yeah a bit of purple as a reminder of her and that I survived and better days arrived.

After the nails, I had to ring round to get Aryn's


prescription, then drive to fetch them as they were out of stock in our pharmacy.  Next I was requested to help in the garden!  We're removing all the plants starting with the shrubs, which we managed to pull all but one out with the range rover - that's not as easy as it sounds can I add!  Anyway, a few hours spent doing that then taking the roots to the tip and clearing up along the way and I was finally allowed to go and write our huddle chat.  



What impressed me most was I was able to do it, even a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to stand for that long, let alone lift and sweep and shovel stuff.  This proves the weight loss, exercise and physio are working, it may be slowly but it's working.  Don't get me wrong there was still pain but workable pain :) and I'm not in bits this morning1  Makes me very happy and positive about the future.  


Food wise yesterday, I was hungry all damn day, so when I got back from nails and chemist I had eggs on toast, lush they were.


Next after we got back from the tip, he was 'starving' so I made him a ham sandwich, I then fancied one so just had 1 slice of bread, but I also had a rock cake when we had a cuppa, nice little sugar rush from that.  I did make them using some wholemeal flour so a little better for us :0)

Dinner was jacket potatoes, gammon and cauliflower/broccoli cheese - I inhaled that, I was ravenous, but himself wasn't hungry when I served it up at 5 so he picked at it.  So difficult feeding everyone at a time they're hungry sometimes but that's what microwaves are for isn't it, although it's still in the kitchen.  It didn't help that he probably had 3 rock cakes with his ham and cheese sandwich a couple of hours earlier! 


I managed 4.6 potions of fruit and veg according to nutracheck, I snacked on a banana too, went over by 128 calories because I had some wine, I'd had a tough day and I wanted a relaxed hour before my early night.   Consumed 1905 calories burned 2,350 so still a deficit and that's the main thing.  I was tired and hungry from only having 4.5 hours sleep the night before so I reckon that's why I was hungry all day and craving carbs.  Thankfully I've had 8hrs 18m last night so all rested and ready for the day ahead.

I really need to think about food for today, the fridge is emptying, I'm thinking pesto pasta, not sure how the no meat theme will go down but I don't have any other than beef which would need defrosting!  I'll have a think, what would go with Pesto past other than chicken? 

Right I'm off, need to do that washing up, there's no cups for tea!


Here's to a great day, 


Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x



No comments: