Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 March 2024

I'm looking forward to my Friday.

 Friday 22nd March 2024




The bread pudding went down well yesterday and I was asked for the recipe that I use.  There is a good one on the bbc website Bread pudding recipe | Good Food (bbcgoodfood.com), but this is the recipe I used. 

In a large bowl tear up 400g of white bread (I used the crusts as well but you can remove them if you like) and add 600ml milk and allow to soak for 10 mins. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mash it all up to combine. Stir in 450g dried fruit (I used raisins and sultanas) and 100g sugar. Then add 50g Self Raising flour and one & a half tbsp of mixed spice. Finally add 2 beaten eggs and 100ml of melted butter. Pour into a rectangular or square baking tin approx 20cm x 25 cm and bake for one and a half hours at 150 deg C. Turn up the heat to 180 and cook for another 10 mins or so until pudding browns. Excellent warm with custard or eaten cold. 


If you use skimmed milk and large eggs it 241 calories for a 16th of the recipe, adjust accordingly depending on the milk and size of eggs you use, but it's delicious, one of my favourites and only made better if it has custard on it!  I love a bit of stodgy, comfort food!  

I did however put a pound on at the scales, I don't usually eat breakfast and I'd had at least two pieces - oops, but if I'm honest, I've not been able to fill myself up this week, I've just wanted to eat.  Even Aryn said last night though, that he's fed up of eating rubbish, he can feel the effect it's having on his body.  That is reason enough for us to get our healthy back, starting today!  I have salmon in the fridge which we'll have for dinner, I'm thinking with rice or couscous, something simple.  I might actually make it early and we'll have a cold salmon salad when we get in from the gym, that sounds nice and light yeah.

It's Friday, I don't have to be anywhere but the gym later, I've just started my physio but had to stop as my lower backs hurting this morning so I'll do it tomorrow instead, I'll still have done 5 times this week which is what I'm supposed to do. 

Part of me wants to do nothing all day, part of me wants to do a clean up job on the house, which part will win we shall see!  He's working away this weekend so I could do it over the weekend, I'll play it by ear, see how I feel. 

Its took me ages to type this because Coco keeps insisting on a bit of love, so I can't get to the keyboard for him!  

Let's leave it there then and I'll give him the fuss he wants!

Have a great day, YAY it's Friday!

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x



No comments: