Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 March 2024

Windows and lamb dinner - what a life I have :)

Monday 18th March 2024


Well we survived the weekend and this lamb dinner was the food highlight!  It was a £10 leg of lamb from Iceland (thanks to Elle for getting it for me) and it made a dinner for the three of us plus enough left over (525g) to make a lamb madras which has gone in the freezer.


The rest of the weekend was busy up to that dinner!  A busy, enjoyable morning at the huddle, then I helped himself with the windows on the motorhome, he's had them tinted.  Why?  Well it's not a pose thing, by tinting the windows of our motorhome we will enjoy benefits such as increased privacy, temperature comfort, UV protection, and decreased glare.  Because our motorhome is aging it will also give it a fresh look.  Replacing windows costs and fortune, I'm talking thousands of pounds and up to now because the windows are made from polycarbonate it's not been possible, I won't go into the science of it - BUT YES I UNDERSTAND IT BECAUSE I'VE HAD TO WATCH LOTS OF UNINTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEOS WITH HIM :).  Anyway we found a company that finally does it, but it was in Torquay, so I had the job of finding out where the cover stuff was sourced from.  America, but they also had a distributor in the Netherlands.  I contacted them for more information and it turned out a chap in Aldridge could help us.  Tony has been doing similar for years Shades Solar Films Walsall: House Window Tints Films Walsall and he's now doing this too.  He was so helpful in understanding our needs and urgency and got it done in time for him to go to work yesterday afternoon.  He's done a great job too. 
 

Before on the left, after on the right, you can't even see the curtains anymore and you can still see out from inside the van perfectly.  

Yeah, that was how exciting my weekend was. 

He went at 2 and I'd planned a relaxation afternoon, manicure watching crap on tele and Aryn comes and plonks himself down on the sofa saying do you want to watch DUNE, erm not really no but because he rarely does it, I said "of course" :) 

Anyway, it's Monday and I've got lots to get done but I'm not putting any pressure on myself as to what I manage to complete, I've got all week whilst he's away.

Have a great day, let's stay on track.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 




No comments: