Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 March 2024

Ready to take the hit on the scales

Thursday 14th March 2024


I never stopped yesterday until we sat down for our dinner about 7!  After a lovely huddle, I got home and made us breakfast, well it was 11 does that still count as breakfast, I guess not, so we had brunch and we had mushrooms because I needed to use them up, then I remembered there was 2 burgers in the freezer so we ended up with a burger and mushrooms sandwich and a slice of plastic cheese, it was must tastier than it sounds :)

Then we spend ages driving around trying to find barge flashing, yes I know what they are NOW!  I also don't care if I ever hear those words again in my life because they're not easy to just find on the internet but now I know where to get them coated in grey if you ever need them lol!  We get them YAY, then as we're driving back, he realises he'll also need screws (eyes to the sky and deep sigh!)  We get them, that takes 2 stops, then we're driving back and he sees a graphics shop that he's passed many times but its usually shut, today it's open so we have to stop there, but they can't help, they do however give him a place to try so we drive there.  This means we are out of the house for almost 3 hours in total I reckon.  

Finally we're home, I make a cuppa when he states, I don't the adapter for the bit that goes in the drill.  Can I point out, whatever it is he usually wants, he either doesn't know what they're called or the have a different name in Ireland, so finding them on google is fun - NOT!  I work out what he wants and go to Screwfix to get it.   I know you want to know, it was a pack of Erbauer Socket Hex Nut Drivers.  

All the time he's doing his work outside, I'm having to remember to tell him what a wonderful job he's done of my lean-to because that's now going to be a daily occurrence so he feels appreciated and I get other jobs done.  🤣

Eventually I'm home, Aryn and I agree we'll do double at the gym Friday because it's too late to go now and I haven't started dinner.  We had chicken and chips for tea, I made coleslaw to use up some red and white cabbage out of the fridge, added some onion, cheese and sultanas and it was lush. 

Hands up, I didn't track at all yesterday, so I will take whatever the scales throws at me and start afresh.   As the quote says, "you are the product of what you do everyday" and I'm happy with me.  Yes I want to lose a few more pounds, I don't want to be skinny, just healthy, I also want to enjoy life, that for me includes delicious food and wine.

I'm not sure what we've got today, there's some veggies to go with something, I just found a pack of tuna steaks in the freezer that have been there a long time so I might use them although they would probably be better hidden in a fish pie or pasta dish.  I'm just fed up of food shopping, it doesn't seem to last and it costs a bloody fortune.  

Anyway, physio done, showered and ready for work, so I better get my ass moving!  Not gonna lie, I didn't want to get up to do my physio cos I'm not sleeping as much as I like too, I'm getting enough but I want more :)

Have a great day, wish me luck on those scales - eek!

Mwah, luv ya


Love me x

z

No comments: