Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 February 2021

The seasons of life!

Wednesday 3rd February 2021
Tomorrow is a good day! Captain Tom


My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 24/1/21 - 189lb
I've already lost - 11lb 
Yesterday I stepped 6063 times 
I covered 2.58 miles 
I burned 2022 calories

I consumed  calories I didn't track but I improved my eating
I was active for 23 minutes 
I slept 6 hours 7 mins - feels like less
 

#walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD =  left to walk =

My 3 good things;

1) Zoom calls keeping me engaged with the outside world.

2) Having a quiet half hour once mom was asleep.

3) My Sainsbury's substitution! 

 

🦉

 

Well if January was a huge success on my household both personally and workwise, February isn't starting so well but it's all good because that's life, we go through good times and tough times and I was reminded on our team zoom last night of Jim Rohn who talks about the seasons of life.  If you don't know who Jim Rohn is, he's a Personal Development guru and his books are worth a read.  Dan who was on the call talked about the seasons of life and this was something Jim Rohn had a lot to say about; 

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn

So what are these seasons all about?  Have you ever noticed that some people focus on the small stuff, the minor things, it's important not to spend all our time on these things or we'll end up with a below average life.  We're all living through a pandemic right now, but everyone is handling it differently.  

Frank Sinatra sang a song called Cycles, there's a few lines:

Life is like the seasons
After winter comes the spring
So I'll keep this smile awhile
And see what tomorrow brings

We can't change the seasons but we can work at changing ourselves and that's what I've been trying to do for years.  I think we can safely say Alzheimers/Vascular Dementia is moms winter but does it need to be mine?  

Let's look at winter, it comes right after fall or autumn as we call it in the UK, some are long, some short, some tough, some easy but they always arrive.  That's gonna happen every year and there's nothing we can do to change it, then there's the winters of life, we're having a winter with the pandemic, we're having an ecomonic winter, a social winter, for some it's an emotional winter because you've lost someone you love and your heart is broken.  We have to learn to handle the winters or they will consume us, life comes with difficults and that's not going to change, so we have to cope.  Another great Jim Rohn quote, don't with that things were easier, wish that you were better. I like that thought pattern a lot, so instead of wishing, we could work at being better!

Thankfully after winter comes spring,full of opportunity, take advantage of it, don't wait for things to happen, you've got to make things happen!  If you don't plant seeds in spring you won't have flowers and plants in summer and autumn, the same is true in life.  If I hadn't put 3 months of work in last year, I wouldn't have had an amazing January with UW.  

Hopefully you get the gist, everything is cyclical, from seasons of the year, to seasons of life.  Everyone has disappointments, everyone has tough times and challenges, the question is what are you going to do about them, how will you handle the knocks life throws at you?  

It's important to remember that no matter what season you are in, no season lasts forever.  “This too shall pass”. Change is always on its way. Like a coin with two sides, life has a way of changing.  Good seasons come and go, as do bad seasons.  Bad seasons do not last forever.

I'm having a winter week and it's okay to stop and rest and recharge, I will spring out of it don't worry.  I have all four seasons in a day sometimes!  I can wake up feeling like spring, then mom kicks off and winter looms lol. 

I hope all that makes sense!  It does in my head lol.  My favourite book is The Tao of Pooh, it introduced me to both Winnie the Pooh who'm I now adore but also Taoism which is a Chinese philosophy that's not the easiest to explain but The Tao is usually translated as the Way.  This book changed my life and yet its such a simple little read, I was spending the weekend at a buddhist retreat (as you do!) can I add I am not religious, just curious but Taoism made sense to me, it talked about going along with the true nature of the world, letting things take their natural course, not trying to fight the inevitable but of course still living a proactive life.  I always use the link 'stop trying to swim up the waterfall' it explains the principle to me.  Sometimes you've just got to go with the flow, even if you don't like the current or the direction you're going. 

I'm going to shut up because I feel like I'm waffling, saying lots and not making much sense.  

In a nutshell, there are things you can't change but you can change how you react.

Have the best day you possibly can, 

mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: