Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 November 2021

Poorly dog :(

Friday 12th November 2021
You don't have to control your thoughts, you just have to stop them from controlling you.


I survived yesterday which was quite the feat as it didn't go quite as planned!  We had two cracking huddles, minus our lovely Carol who'd had a doctors check up appointment on the morning then had a fall whilst there so stayed home to make sure she was okay.  We've always appreciated how much she does for us, but having to do it ourselves made us appreciate it that little bit more!

Alfie wasn't well so I called the vets and they got him in for half eleven, his ear was full of runny, smelly gunk, and the vet took a swab to send of for testing, then informed me that he was pretty certain it was a bacterial infection called psuedomomas which is extremely aggressive and difficult to treat, sometimes it goes to the brain and the dog has to be put to sleep!  Now I have a bag full of medication to give him, I had to drive to Stafford to pick up one as they didn't have it at that surgery.  I'd drunk a litre of water whilst waiting for our appointment so as you can imagine after a return drive to Stafford, I was a little desperate for the toilet!  £160 later, Alfie slept all afternoon and I left him at home last night.

I can't complain really, for the first 10 years, his vets provided the most incredible insurance cover, for my annual fee, which is now £175 a year, he got all his check ups, emergency out of hours and medication FREE!  Then a couple of years ago they changed the cover and I now have to pay for 50% of the medication, so that consultation and medication if we hadn't got he insurance would've probably been nearer £500.

It would've been easy for me to have something high calorie for lunch, especially as it was after one by the time I ate which is late for me at lunchtime, but no I was a very good girl, I had carrot and coriander soup, on its on, a huge bowl for 192 calories. 

It was really tasty too!

I had a fancying for Lamb Chops because the slow cooker chicken wasn't floating my boat, my lovely sister came and sat with Alfie so I could fetch some and she also took away the chicken curry :).  Dinner was delicious, so good I forgot to take a photo, but trust me that was the tastiest 700 calories I've cooked for a while.   

Hadn't planned on wine but after the day I'd had, meh, then it tasted so good, I expected to finish the bottle but I didn't, so I'm happy with that.  The tracker of truth really does help, knowing I'm writing it down and others will see, is making me think about what I have. 

It's now Friday, my day off, I'm probably gonna cook butter chicken, but I have to get chicken first, turns out I ordered all the ingredients except the chicken - DOH!  What a numpty!  

I know I'm going to have a lovely day whatever we eat, I've got to do Alfie's ears 3 times a day and get drugs in him so that's going to be fun - not, but it'll be okay because I've woke up with a positive mindset. 

Here's to a fantastic Friday!

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x 



No comments: