Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Oops, but it was worth it.

Wednesday 10th November 2021
The words you speak become the house you live in. 

What an absolutely amazing day Elle and I had yesterday at the huddles, so many new members for November, showing people want to make a difference before Christmas!  Love the topic this week too, I do love a whole lot of self love, seeing our members realise they're BeYOUtiful and amazing already and they're going to take care of their bodies by feeding them nutritious and delicious food and losing weight at a pace that doesn't make them miserable because they don't enjoy life along the way! 

I gained a pound by the way, which is absolutely okay, I'd had that wonderful meal out with Lynne on Monday, I'd also enjoyed a Chinese at the weekend washed down by Champagne (because I can and it's nice to be treated, I mean I'm not turning down Chinese and Champagne!)  Have you noticed so many of the niceness starts with C's, chocolate, crisps, chabli :) 

That is Living and Losing at it's best, I will be having a much better week this week and I'm going to cook Friday so we aren't tempted by a takeaway, I just need to decide what to cook, it'll still be high in calories, but there won't be leftovers for the next day.  Maybe steak? Or a trip to M&S for a meal deal, or do I actually cook a recipe from scratch, but what recipe, I've been fancying butter chicken Butter Chicken (behappyowls.com) for a while and the calories on that aren't too bad, could add rice and a naan.  

Yesterday I ended up eating this for lunch yesterday, I'd forgotten I'd bought a couple of ready meals and they're both use by 11th, I thought I'd bought a normal cottage pie but it was a veggie one, now usually I'd be okay with a veggie meal but this was way too rich for me, I think it was more about the red wine than the lentils, I left half of it, the mash on the top was delicious.  If you're a veggie and like rich gravy, it's worth a go for 292 calories. 



I now fancy a good cottage pie or shepherds pie, maybe that's something for the weekend menu when I'm not just cooking for myself or when buying something that serves 2, it's good to have someone to share it with so I don't eat both portions ;)  Now to decide whether to buy or make, I do have a lot of beef mince in the freezer!

Another delicious recipe I haven't had for a while which uses mince is Beef Larb (behappyowls.com) 

Decisions, decisions, plus anyone who knows me knows all that could change in a heartbeat because I'm rubbish at planning what I'm going to eat, as what I fancy changes by the hour!  I do like the idea of a trip to M&S that'd be asking for trouble though :) 

Christmas is getting nearer isn't it, I'm starting to get all 'christmassy' - 44 days away - eek!  It really is the most wonderful time of the year!  

Today though it's Wednesday and I need to get ready for work, got a busy day planned ahead, involving a hoover and other cleaning tools, I'm going to spring clean the house I think!  Start upstairs when I get back from huddle and work my way down!  It's the windows I keep putting off, but they need to be done, so I'm going to be brave!

Whatever your day looks like, enjoy it and take care of you. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: