Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 27 September 2020

The volume has gone down!

Sunday 27th September 2020 
Be brave enough to be bad at something new!

I love that quote above, it's a mindset I've had to take on board lately, whilst figuring out what I'm going to do in the future.  I love my members, I love supporting them on their journey and I've loved being a coach for 16 years but COVID appeared and things started to get a bit scary, if we can have workshops, I wouldn't have a job, how would I survive.  I started to think about job searching and I was terrified, I won't lie.  I've done this role for 16 years, I've forgotten what it's like to do anything else and that's terrifying and I know there are so many others out there feeling the same.  

Whether it's a new job, trying to learn a new talent or anything that you're trying to learn, you have to be brave enough to be bad at it initially.  When I started crocheting I think that first square took me over an hour and it didn't look good at all, but now I'm much better.  So let's all be brave enough shall we to make changes if we need to and take on new challenges. 

Maybe we need to be brave enough to draw another line and have a fresh start at eating healthy.  I was so tired yesterday my diet went out the window, I was so tired yesterday I ended up crying at one point because neither mom or Alfie would be quiet and just let me sit and relax, I was so tired yesterday that I actually ate the most amazing bowl of Tortellini with red pesto which could possibly be my new favourite pasta sauce, but I was so tired, I didn't work out the Smart Points at all! 

Today, I'm rested thankfully, mom did wake me at 3ish but I did manage to go back to sleep, I've managed about 6 or 7 hours of broken sleep, its better than the last few nights, actually that's what we're talking about in Virtual Workshops this week - sleep!  I'm hoping to have an 'official' one from next Sunday but until then I'll be on my own personal zoom this morning at 9, you're more than welcome to come on for a natter, here's the link  

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 764 7885 8956
Passcode: 0ktS5f


Mmm, I still feel tired so hopefully I'll get some tips from this weeks chat. 

I did have a wonderful morning yesterday though before I got back home and realised I was tired lol, it was so great to see my Saturday morning members and a handful of them stopped and had a socially distanced chat with each other and I felt a warm feeling inside, listening to them, it reminded me of 'pre Covid' times, when life was so much LOUDER and full of laughter.  Yeah I've only just realised that, the volume has gone down in my world and that's what I miss the most, not being able to hear myself think whilst standing at the scales because there was so much chat and laughter going on in the rest of the room.  I miss the catch up with my helpers before the workshop started, ma'an I miss the every day stuff we just took for granted, I really do. 

I've got home cured bacon for my breakfast, thanks to the lovely Karen who delivered it yesterday, isn't she clever making her own!  She even bought me some white bread to have with it, I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited for that.  Mom enjoyed a couple of slices of white toast too last night, so Karen's very much liked in this house this weekend.  We never have white bread!

I also got round to starting a Facebook page for my new business (self-employment again, it's been a good ten years since I was self employed, so that's another scary thing, but hey, be BRAVE enough to do these things.  If I don't try, I'll never know.  But if I can make it work, it will help massively with coping with moms illness going forward because I'll have a bit more flexibility, it'll also mean I can continue to support my members whilst paying my bills! 

Please like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BevUtilityWarehouse/ 
If you're curious about it but aren't ready to ask me yet (I get it, I was the same, I've never changed my suppliers before, one of those who thought if it's not broke don't fix it - glad I have though now, after saving so much) this is my webpage, go have a nosey https://uw.partners/beverley.longsden  Then if you do think you may be interested, give me a shout.  My mate Kell asked me what my new thing was yesterday and when I said Utility Warehouse (thinking to myself, here's a potential new customer) she replied, "Oh I've been with them for years, they're great!" Obviously a tad disappointed I wasn't going to get to sign her up, I was absolutely delighted to hear such good feed back about them.  I mean when was the last time someone said to you, "oh I love my utility provider" lol, erm never.  Let's be honest, we don't wanna think about them, but we all want to save money, so I'm here to help.

Anyway, enough of that, I'm thinking bacon and egg on toast with mushrooms if they're not too dead as they've been in the fridge a while, ooo and tomatoes.  That's breakfast, I enjoyed the Sundried Tomato Pesto so much yesterday, I might have to have it again on some spaghetti for my dinner, really good or it would be really nice on chicken breast too, mmm nom nom, of course, I'll Smart Point and track it today as I can't keep pretending my app is broken and ignoring it! 

Here's to a calm day (wish me look), I hope to see some of you this morning at 9, let's embrace the Christmas Countdown challenge, I'll think of some things to get you to do over the coming weeks, but today's challenge is log on for a chat with me this morning, or make sure you log onto a Virtual Workshop this week. 

Mwah, luv ya lots 

Love me  

No comments: