Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 September 2020

Monday rolls round again

Monday 21st September 2020
Remind yourself, you're a warrior & warriors don't give up!


Monday morning again!  They just fly round don't they and I enjoyed my Sunday too, I got to have a natter with some of my Happy Owl tribe which was absolutely lovely, we're all missing social interaction aren't we.  Thankfully I get to have a natter with some of my members at the scales each week at the moment. 

I've got veggie curry for my breakfast thanks to Harj who dropped it off yesterday afternoon, a couple of chapati's and her delicious rice, here's the recipe for her rice, trust me you'll never buy microwave again, I actually made it myself last week and it's the future; 

Harj's Rice
 
1 cup of basmati rice
1 onion 
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
tsp-tablespoon olive oil
1-2 cups of peas (I use petit pois)
1tsp salt, add extra if needed

cut the onions, i cut mine long, add oil to pan and add onions and mix, add salt and cumin seeds and cook for a couple of minutes.  I normally add boiling water to peas then drain and add to onions, cook for about 5 minutes, then add rice with 2 cups of water, stir and cover.  Bring to the boil, then stir and lower gas to simmer and let the rice cook, leave covered. 

when water has nearly absorbed, stir the rice, leave on heat for another minutes or so.  When all absorbed, make sure rice isn't sticking to pan and turn off gas and leave covered - the steam will cook the rest.  after about 10 minutes, stir rice which should be fully cook. Enjoy.

Here's her curry recipe too save you searching; 

Harjit’s Chicken Curry 
Serves around 6-7.  Total recipe points, 10sp

2-3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5sp), 
4 Onions, 
1-2 (3-4 if you like it spicy) Green Chilli
Garlic & Ginger (Harj uses frozen, 1-2 blocks of each)
2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds),
½ large can Tomatoes (Blended), 
1-2 teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric), 
1-2 teaspoons Salt, 
1 teaspoon Garam Masala,
Fresh Coriander (Optional)
500g chicken breast (5SP on green, 0SP on blue & purple), 

  • Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
  • Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
  • After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
  • Serve with (add the extra SmartPoints of course) basmati rice 
  • Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of haldi (Tumeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
  • Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
  • When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
  • Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir, garnish with fresh coriander.

Going to be spending most of today on my laptop, lots to do. I woke up this morning feeling positive, I've decided there are so many things I cannot control but how I choose to think and react to things I can. This year is obviously a wash out for most, times are about to get tough for all so I will take my time choosing my way, doing what I think is best for me, my mom and my tribe, not forgetting my little dog who run downstairs looking for me this morning because I was up early, I think he's gone a bit deaf because I was calling him from the kitchen but he ran into the living room, he jumped when he turned round and I was behind him lol. We had a play on the rug and that's what life is truly about, taking as much time out as you can, to do the things you love with the people that you care about.

Remember you don't pay for things with money
but with hours from your life you spend working to earn that money.

This is something I remind myself of every time I consider buying something that isn't essential!

One that thought, I'm going to go have a shower, another cuppa and start my busy day.

Mwah, luv ya lots

Love me xx



No comments: