Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 September 2020

I've got that Friday feeling!

Friday 18th September 2020
You cannot become what you want by remaining what you are! 


Friday - YAY, yesterday was a very full day so I'll be glad for a no need to rush kind of day, I'd like to be able to get in my car and have a drive to an Indian spice shop but that won't be happening I don't think, but that's why I love the internet because I may have to wait for some things but there's nothing you can't get.  

5 workshops yesterday, great to see and catch up with some of my members, wondering where some of you still are though!  When I got home at lunchtime, there was a nurse in my house, I was surprised but seriously impressed!  I had a phone call the day before from a lady who had just started in the role to take care of people like mom and make sure she was being looked after.  I told her about moms legs and also that the doctor had wanted her to have an ECG back in February and she said she would see what she could do.  Fast forward less than 24 hours and here was another wonder woman to give mom the once over basically, she listened to her heart, checked her legs and other things, then said she'd arrange for her bloods to be taken and an ECG, she prescribed a water tablet too, which was what mom's needed since February.  She also tried to convince mom to have a bed in the living room and we seemed to be making headway so we'll keep working at that. Then an hour after she'd left, another health care worker rocked up and did the ECG, took bloods and dressed moms leg would and said that the district nurses would continue to come and take care of that and we'd have the results of the tests in a few days at most.  Mom's blood pressure was okay, I've always said we'll have to hit her over the head to see her off, for someone with such a cruel disease and other issues, she's still as strong as an ox! 

Our NHS is absolutely amazing and incredible!  I love that she raised money for them on her 80th birthday and that there's an image on their fundraising page acknowledging that! https://www.justgiving.com/royalwolvesnhstrust


After having all that busy in the afternoon, I didn't think I was going to get to cook, but I decided to do it anyway and work this morning, lamb curry for my sister, it'll taste amazing today when I deliver her a Friday takeaway for her dinner.  I'm going to serve it with rice the way Harj makes it, although I only have long grain and I know Harj uses basmati.  I might also make some Naan Breads and make a video at the same time, never made them so that could be fun lol. 




The email I'd been waiting for arrived, it wasn't the news I'd hoped for but I'm going to focus on the good in my life and ignore all the bad for now, imagine me with my fingers in my ears singing 'la la la, I'm not listening!'  That's me going forward.  I'm going to put my attention on what matters and what I can control.  

I've just done my yoga, 22 weeks tomorrow since I started and I haven't missed a day yet, some days I may only do 5 or 10 minutes but I still rock up on the mat.  Today's one was a nice gentle one, a little goes a long way.

I can't big up Adriene enough, she's just so natural and makes you feel like you haven't got anything to prove to anyone.

Right time to get on and have a great day, I need some veggies in my life today!  What do you need in your life today?

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx  

 

No comments: