Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 March 2019

Taking up tracking instead of giving something up for Lent

Thursday 7th March 2019
Focus on your health not your weight.


I decided after finishing my blog yesterday that for Lent I would start tracking honestly for the next 40 days, one day done, I've even tracked the wine I haven't drunk because I know at some point I will so it's already checked off the list.  Foodwise I ended yesterday on 19, it looked like this;

Breakfast 
0% Greek yogurt, 1tsp honey (3SP), apple, banana

Lunch 
Tuna, orzo (4SP), egg



Dinner 
Harj's Keema (5SP), lettuce, 2 slices Warburton's 400g wholemeal (3SP), laughing cow triangle (1SP), 1tsp low fat spread (1SP).

Milk in tea for day (2SP)

Plus I enjoyed it all, haven't really enjoyed my food this last week, not whilst I was poorly but back to all good and raring to go now.

I also earned 8 FitPoints for my 10,638 steps, I'll take that.  Woke up this morning ready for my day.

I finally took the bag of crochet out of my room that I stuffed there back at the beginning of December, I'd done one of the hexagons wrong and as I had stopped enjoying doing the pattern there was no way I was doing another one, plus I'd already sewn it into place.  Anyway yesterday I unpicked it and started putting the other pieces back together again.  Instead of a 4 x 4 hexagon pattern, I've done a 5 x 3 and the one I did wrong can be gone ;) All I need to do now is border it and sew in all the ends, my mission is to use the wool I have over the next few months, rather than keep buying more.  I have a big box full and I can do something with it.  All current projects are complete just the hexagon one and I've started a daisy baby blanket this week that shouldn't take too long.   I really enjoy it, it keeps me calm and occupies me when I'm watching tv with mom.

Now that Keema was lush and it reminded me of this recipe I've not cooked in a while and that thanks to the Freestyle Zero list is now very low in Smart Points;

Keema Concoction
Serves 4, 2sp per serving

2 sprays of low fat cooking spray  
350g pack of chicken breast or quorn mince 
1 bunch spring onions, chopped  
250g chopped mushrooms
1 yellow pepper, chopped
125 g cooked frozen peas 
3 cloves garlic  
1 piece ginger, 2cm, fresh and grated
2 tbsp curry powder (1sp)  
1/2 tsp cinnamon  
300ml vegetable stock using 1 oxo cube (1sp) 
2 tbsp chutney, mango (7sp)
 

Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan and add the mince, add the garlic, ginger and onion and stir, then add mushrooms, and peas stirring well. continue frying gently for approx 5 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then mix in the cinnamon. Add the stock or water & chutney. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes until cooked. Serve  

Works with any mince, just amend Smart Points accordingly.
Or because I served mine in lettuce it reminded me of Yuk Sung, another that needs doing at some point.

Yuk Sung

Serves 4, 
pork mince = 8sp per portion, 
extra lean pork mince = 4sp per portion, 
chicken mince or quorn = 0sp per portion. 



450g mince - use either Pork mince, raw (30sp), extra lean pork mince (5% fat) (13sp) or chicken breast mince (0sp) or quorn mince (0SP) 

1/4lb mushrooms, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped  
2 small tins water chestnuts, finely chopped  
WW Oil spray if necessary to fry
2 garlic cloves crushed  
2 tsp Oyster sauce 
1 tsp Sesame oil (2sp) Optional  
Iceberg lettuce

Put spray light in wok on medium heat. Fry onion and garlic until slightly brown, add mince and fry until brown. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts. Add seasoning, oyster sauce and finally add 1tsp sesame oil (optional). Drain excess oil and serve in iceberg lettuce leaves
Well it's Thursday and I need to get myself ready for work, I've got the new WW Cook! to take a look at, the new 5 ingredient cook book that arrived with my stock delivery this week, one of my members was telling me last night how delicious the frying pan chicken pie was, they'd just finished eating it, the recipe is in the book but also this months magazine.  I just like the idea of not having to buy lots of ingredients.
Right I'm off, lots to do, have a very, great day,

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""


No comments: