Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 March 2019

Feeling satisfied

Saturday 9th March 2019
Your mind will always believe everything you tell it.  Feed it hope, truth and love.
I had a lovely surprise when I got to the Chi Rooms yesterday to find out that my massage had been paid for, how lovely that she had gone to the trouble to track down the number and arrange that all the way from America.  

The rest of my day was spent on this; 

  
 



I started this last year and when I came to start sewing it together at the beginning of December, I realised one of the Hexagons had one too many sides to it, I'd already had enough of the project and there was no way I was doing another one to replace it, so I shoved it in a bag and forgot about it till this week when I took it back out.  Instead of the blanket being 4 x 4 hexagons, I decided to remove the incorrect one and make it 5 x 3 hexagons instead, it worked.  Proving you can make mistakes and turn things around, whether it be a crochet blanket or your weight loss journey.  As the pattern was called Persian Tiles I decided to make it look like a rug and add a fridge either end instead of following the edging on the pattern, again showing you don't have to follow anything rigidly, you can tweak things to work for you.

I'm truly pleased with the final outcome even if I didn't enjoy the doing (I wouldn't do it again), the other side of the blanket doesn't look as good yet as all the loose ends need sewing in, a bit like losing weight but still being unhealthy on the inside because you didn't do it in a healthy way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a lovely morning with my members then a quiet rest of the day with my mom, might sew in those loose ends or might continue another blanket and do those ends a bit at a time.  No more major, grand, difficult projects for me, crochet is about relaxation not overthinking.   The biggest decision I plan to make today is where to go for our Sunday walk tomorrow, although the forecast isn't great! 

That's all from me today, I need a shower to wake me up properly, I've slept really well but I always do after a massage, she knocks me out I reckon. 

Have a very, great day.  Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""

No comments: