Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 March 2019

Sweets, Sunrises & Skint!

Saturday 23rd March 2019
Who am I? The healthier question is who do you want to be?


I had a lovely calm day yesterday, mom was good, Alfie was too, all was relaxed in my world - I love days like that.  She likes me being home, her body language changes when she asks if I'm going to work and I say 'not today'.   Sitting at home chilling with mom don't pay the bills though does it and those bills don't get any less either do they!  It's payday Monday but it's all spoken for really, meh as long as I've got some wool, all is good in my world?  At least I can't buy loads of food so it'll help my diet lol.

I did pop in the local KandyBox as they want to be able to tell their customers the Smart Points in their sweets, 

I've come away with a box of labels and I'm going to get them worked out over the coming week, what's not to love about a bit of something nice and having the points to enjoy, I've just realised that Fizz Wiz at the bottom of the photo is only 1SP, I wrote the wrong points on it. DOH!

5.31 and she's already woke up, oh man, I like an hour to myself before the movement starts, hey ho, we both went to bed before 9 and I've slept great, got a cracking workshop to look forward to and then the usual, dog walk, crochet, tv, bed & repeat on Sunday but throw in a walk with my brother then too. 

We watched 'TAG' yesterday the new film on Sky cinema, it proper made mom laugh, I love it when that happens, I added a few more tunes to her playlist too, we're up to 293 songs yesterday we added Bobby Darin and a few others, I'll keep adding as I hear songs or think of them, it's good to see her singing along, just wished when I ask Alexa to shuffle she'd play the ones we haven't heard yet first!

Ooo I was just looking for cheap eat recipes and I stumbled across this which sounds tasty. 

Bhaji frittata - 19SP total

Feeds 4 at 5SP each


  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil (8SP)
  • onions , thinly sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp mild curry powder
  • 450g potato , coarsely grated and any excess liquid squeezed out (11SP)
  • 6 medium eggs, beaten
  • 100g frozen pea
  • small pack coriander, roughly chopped
  •  

Method

  1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion for about 10 mins over a medium heat until golden. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for 1-2 mins.
  2. Next, add the grated potatoes and cook for 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally. You want the potatoes to soften, but also catch a little and turn golden in patches. Season the eggs, then pour into the pan with the peas and most of the coriander, swirling to coat the potato mixture. Cook for 1 min more, then transfer to the oven for 10 mins until the eggs have set. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander and serve.

Yep I'm up for some budgeting this money, I'll use what I have in the house and only buy necessary stuff like bread and milk, I almost bought things 3 times yesterday on the internet and resisted.  Ooo Could I go till next payday without wasting money, let's see, a calendar month to help make my credit card bill less scary, yeah let's do this.

But first, I need to go shower and get ready for work, now I've finished watching the glorious sunrise, I did stop to sort mom too as she wanted a cuppa and drugs, the tea is a good un too, as I'm half way down mine, it's the only one I'll have today, I've cut right back, if only it was that easy to do with wine! 

Luckily, I have a months stash of wine so the budgeting can commence ;) 

Have a very, great day, 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)

   ""

No comments: