Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 21 March 2019

How you feeling?

Thursday 21st March 2019
Whatever the problem is the answer is not in the fridge.



You're never gonna succeed if you don't believe you can!  That's so true isn't it, how many times do you hear your inner voice saying 'I can't do it, it's too hard'?  Does that help you make it through your day?  Hell no, it just gives you an excuse to overeat.  So who's up for both believing they can do it and shutting your subconscious up when it gets all full of self pity. 

I'm shopping less, that's helping, it's partly from a financial point of view, I'm earning less because I'm working less than I was last year and before so there's not as much spare cash about, but it's also because I've realised if it's not in my cupboards, I can't eat it.  The rules don't apply to mom of course, she's eating crap breakfast, dinner and tea, it's all she seems to want to eat but it doesn't mean I have to eat it too and mostly I'm resisting. 

I'm enjoying basic food again too, egg on toast, I really enjoyed fishmongers the other day, my cauliflower cheese, now I need to decide what to eat today, mmm this is where I wish I had planned stuff.  I will check the cupboards, maybe take a piece of salmon or a frozen meal out the freezer before I leave the house.  Yeah if I think 'I've got this, today is under control', I've got more chance of surviving it if I'm positive in my thinking.

Yesterday afternoon in my house was an absolute bloody nightmare so I was glad to go to work, now I could've walked back in my house later expecting the same reception but instead I walked in all smily and shouted "Hi, honey I'm honey', I was greeted with "you've been 4 hours', not the mood I was hoping for, she still wasn't happy but I persisted and I did win her round, to the point that when it was 9 and we usually go to bed, I didn't want to go because she was in such a good place then, I wanted to savour the moment.  

We have the power to influence what happens around us, let's use that power.  

Yesterday was International Happiness Day, everyone wants to be happy, but happy 24/7 isn't really likely so grasp it when you can, do whatever you can to make it possible and feed your body good healthy food to help tip the balance towards it, eat good mood food.   Eat regularly, because when your blood sugars drop, you might find yourself feeling tired, irritable and miserable.  Eating regularly and choosing foods that release energy slowly will help to keep your sugar levels steady.  Slow release energy foods include: pasta, rice, wholegrain bread and cereals - YES they are worth the points.  

Don't forget to drink enough fluids too, it'll help you concentrate and think clearly, it also helps you go to the toilet, 6-8 glasses a day is your aim, water is cheapest but feel free to stick a bit of sugar free squash in if you need to.  It's all the obvious stuff isn't it, get your five a day, get enough protein (lean meat, fish, eggs, peas, beans, lentils).  Manage caffeine, it's a stimulant, I used to drink over 10 mugs a day, I'm doing to a couple at most now.  Also eat the right fats (its not the enemy) your brain needs fatty acids such as omega 3 and 5 to keep it working well.  So rather than avoiding all fats, eat the right ones found in oily fish, poultry, nuts, olive and sunflower oils, seeds, avocados, milk, yogurt, cheese and eggs. 

Quick tip from the MIND website
  • Try to avoid anything which lists ‘trans fats’ or ‘partially hydrogenated oils’ in the list of ingredients (such as some shop-bought cakes and biscuits). They can be tempting when you’re feeling low, but this kind of fat isn’t good for your mood or your physical health in the long run.
Anyway there's a reminder for all my lovely members who've felt a little low this week.  Take small steps, changing can be tough especially when you're feeling low, so start slowly by asking what small change can I make today? 

Right I'm off to ask myself the same question as I check my kitchen cupboards for todays food.

Take care of you, stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""



No comments: