Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Oops!



17th January 2017
What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.

Phew, I only gained 1/2lb this week on the scales, I'll take that, my meals have been awesome but the dry roasted peanuts incident happened and a few other moments, things can only get better.  If I don't follow the plan correctly, I can't expect results. 

I'm all planned and online shopped though for the week ahead, I took advantage of an Asda online offer yesterday £30 for the year, 1/2 price, that's a blooming bargain! https://groceries.asda.com/delivery-pass.  Sainsbury's had sent me a similar offer DP_4VKQ6PXCH to get £20 off an annual pass, unfortunately because I'd already took out a 3 month one with them as a trial it wouldn't let me use it, so I've gone with Asda and was comparing things I needed and on most stuff they are 5 to 10p cheaper!

Mom had her xray results, the bad news is she's still in pain, the good news her hips don't need replacing or anything like that.  It actually turns out the pain is coming from degenerative change in the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joints, so I think we're looking at painkillers and cream and getting mobile again.  She walked Alfie last night for the first time since Christmas eve, which is awesome.

I finally made the butternut squash lasagne, it was good, I wouldn't rush to make it again though, I think I'd be tempted to make one of my old favourites and replace the pasta with the butternut squash lasagne sheets, that would save 2sp per serving, but then I'd ask myself if it's worth saving 2sp when the original recipe is lush.  Recipe at end of blog.
I did need to use up some salad potatoes yesterday so I used the garlic chicken curry recipe from handouts in the meeting a couple of weeks ago and instead of chicken threw in the potatoes, I doubled the ingredients, once I'd fried the onions I just threw all the ingredients in the pan and left it to simmer on low until the potatoes were cooked.  I really like the taste of that sauce, it has a lovely flavour, no heat at all, so if you're not a curry eater, it really isn't a curry in the hot sense of the word, it's actually sweet, well worth a try.

Right I need to track!  I didn't again yesterday, I can backtrack though as I honestly know what I had, I took photos of most of it, I'm ready to get back on it 100% now, there needs to be more water less wine.  I've got meals planned, today I'm making this week's recipe card, Chicken Pie, I rarely have pastry so it'll be a real treat and won't come with a side of indigestion hopefully!   Yep I'm enjoying finding recipes to cook then putting the ingredients in my online basket.

Now to get ready for a busy week of meetings, can't wait to see how my members have got on, better than me I'm guessing :)

How about me eating fruit and yogurt for breakfast, two days on the trot, now that's impressive, saved me a few points too which is good.  All the nuts have gone now thankfully, let's get this tracking under control, it'll make all the difference at the scales next week.

Have a fantastic day BeYOUtiful, we can do this!

Cheese & Bacon Lasagne, Serves 6 - 13sp each Prep: 35m, cook: 40m.

This freezable, family-friendly recipe is economical and has a wonderful comfort-food feel about it and recipe can easily be doubled.

3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
3 tbsp olive oil (14sp)
1 tsp dried oregano
300g lean smoked back bacon, chopped (11sp) (check packet for nutritional info as they vary)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes in rich juice
20 basil leaves, roughly torn, plus extra to serve if you like
250g pack fresh egg lasagne (check pack for cooking instructions) (12sp)
For sauce
600ml skimmed milk (8sp)
50g each butter (18sp) or low fat spread (7sp) and plain flour (5sp)
generous grating fresh nutmeg
50g grated Parmesan (7sp)

Fry the onions in the oil for about 15 mins until golden. Add the oregano and bacon and fry for 5 mins more, stirring frequently. Tip in the tomatoes, season and bubble uncovered for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. PTO
Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and tip in the butter and flour. Whisk continuously over a moderate heat to incorporate the flour, then simmer, stirring until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Spoon a third of the tomato sauce on the base of a lasagne dish. Top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Then top with a third sauce, a third lasagne, the last of the tomato sauce and finally the last sheets of lasagne. Pour over the white sauce and scatter with the cheese and an extra grating of nutmeg. Chill. If eating straight away, bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 40 mins until golden and bubbling. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a salad and garlic bread.

To freeze, cool completely, then wrap in cling film, then foil. Will store for 3 months. To serve, thaw for 6 hrs in a cool place. Unwrap and bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 50-60 mins until thoroughly heated through



No comments: