Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Change of weigh day - still lost!



10th January 2017
Dreams don't work unless you do

Well my online shop arrived yesterday only a couple of things missing and I can always nip over the Co-op if I need them, my meal planning is working for me so far.  Oh and I lost 2.5lb, that's weighing earlier in the week too, I was well chuffed with that, so 4lb of my December/Christmas gain has done, another 4 to go!

I cooked a delicious meat free meal yesterday, it's in the little booklet that came free with this month's magazine, Lentil Bolognese and Sweet Potato Spaghetti, it was so good, I bought the sweet potato already spiralised.    For tea I did a homemade coleslaw with cheese on a flatbread, had it with a tin of Weight Watchers soup, really tasty, I've already added more to my next shop, hassle free.  I roasted my garlic too and made garlic mayo with it, I'll have a spoon of that on a bacon sarnie for breakfast this morning I think.  Ain't food great!

Parking was an absolute nightmare at the hospital, had to drop mom off at the door because she couldn't walk, then try to park, it took me over half hour!  The good news (I think) was that they said the xray didn't show anything that needed A&E treatment so to call our doctor for results in 7-10 days.  A waiting game now, she's in so much pain, I can hear her in the night when she wakes up in pain, the man who X-rayed her has hurt her even more she's telling me as he tried to put her in a position her body won't go in!

I'm thinking today I'll make either Toad & gravy, page 18 of the free Smart Start we're handing out this month in meetings or Bacon & cabbage pasta, page 146 Healthy You - new WW cookbook in meeting - both look so good!  I've got to drive over to the hostel in-between my meetings to take all the food collected and the cash from the second raffle, tea money and collection tubs, another £224.33, so far that's a total of £480.33, how fab is that, my members are so generous.  I have to go on a Tuesday because my cars empty in the day time of Weight Watcher stuff!

I didn't hit my 10,000 steps yesterday either, I did have a relaxing afternoon though enjoyed a long bath listening to an audio book, spent some time in the kitchen, gave it a good clean then cooked.  It's all about balance, I feel really good and positive - that's the most important thing.  I'm loving seeing my members so engaged in the programme, taking care of themselves and focusing on that healthy & happy. 

One of my lovely members made this recipe yesterday https://www.asdagoodliving.co.uk/food/recipes/crunchy-cornflake-chicken-recipe , she tweaked it to make it more WW friendly, which proves you can do most recipes, I loved that she had her daughter helping, in her words "It's easier when your family is on board #Getthekidsinvolved my daughters prepping cornflake chicken :) and she's 8 x
How great is that, here's the finished result and the recipe taken from their website;

Crunchy cornflake chicken recipe with baked sweet potato fries ready in 50 minutes, serves 6, 10sp per serving

1kg Chicken Breast Fillets (10sp)
2tbsp cornflour (4sp)
1 large egg, beaten  (2sp)
200g cornflakes, crushed to crumbs (22sp)
4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, skin on (19sp)
1tbsp rapeseed oil (4sp)
1tsp smoked paprika
10g parsley, chopped
1 Round Lettuce, torn, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. 

Divide the chicken into 6 or 12 pieces. Sprinkle with the cornflour. Put the egg and cornflake crumbs in separate saucers, then dip the meat in the egg and then the cornflakes. Put in the oven on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 20-25 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. 

Put the sweet potato on a large baking tray and toss in the oil and paprika. Roast for 20-25 mins until tender. Toss in the parsley.

Serve the chicken with the ‘fries’ and lettuce. 

Sounds tasty doesn't it!  Mom's just surfaced, I'm off to put the heating on and make us both a cuppa, Happy Tuesday folks, here's to a healthy and happy day.

No comments: