Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 November 2016

Hey ho, that one will go!



18th November 2016
Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself.

I gained a pound!  Not complaining though, it's my first gain in 7 weeks and I knew I was pushing it to the limit, after having the lurgy for a month, I was just low on energy and last week I didn't put as much effort in.  Here's to a better week!  It's not Christmas yet ;)

I've woke up this morning, already had my pint of water, realised didn't drink as much water last week and I did indulge in slightly more alcohol - so balance reset. 

Looking back over my food photos, bread products played far too large a part in my meals last week too, so that won't be happening so much this week either.  I needed more fruit and veg on my plates and I let the lurgy and the weather affect the amount of walking I did. 

Not this week though, this week I'm going to walk even if I get wet!  I'm going to get to the greengrocers in the morning on way to meeting and buy some more fresh fruit and veg, I have enough for today in the kitchen. 

I am off to the theatre tomorrow, I'll have a glass or two but I'd do that on a Saturday anyways.  I might cook something today or get something in so we have food to eat when we get back to stop us going crazy after the show!

I keep forgetting to take the stuff out of the freezer, I wanted to make chicken jalfrezi today from the new One Pot cookbook, I've finally got my own copy, I'll take it out now and hope it defrosts by this afternoon, if not I'll cook something with it tomorrow!  I'm not sure who has the Alzheimer's, mom or me!

Right here's to a new week, a plan to get a weight loss next week.  I've started a new 'To Eat' list, I was reminded about one of my recipes on my happyowls.co.uk website last night which I might cook today, if I have all the ingredients, I'd need to go get an apple, it's delicious and vegan too so you'd be eating really healthy, if you can't handle that amount of healthy you could serve it with a portion of chicken;

Pot of Love

33sp total, Serves 4, 8sp per serving
Try this delicious one-pot meal with lentils, a rich source of iron to boost your energy and love you up.

1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 sliced carrots
100g dried lentils (8sp)
200g brown rice (19sp)
500ml stock
1 diced apple (unpeeled)
4 sliced spring onions

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots, lentils and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the apple and spring onions, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spring onions are heated through.

I can hear my mom stirring, so I'm going to get off and put the kettle on.

Here's to a weekend on track, I know it's only Friday but most folks weekend start on a Friday night!

Remember it's not Christmas YET! Enjoy your day and stay focused on your reasons for wanting that weight loss.

No comments: