Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 16 August 2015

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Sunday 16th August 2015
Surround yourself with people who are only going to lift you higher.    Oprah Winfrey

What have you done today to make you feel proud?  That's been the theme of my meetings this week, of course I've thrown in the Heather Small / Miranda impression too for amusement but the subject is one very close to my heart.  Oh and here's a video to make you smile; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i48o_IJ2gho 

In my role as a Weight Watcher leader, I see so many people who are so very quick to focus on the negative, whether it be in their behaviour with food, or what's going on in their worlds.  It's very easy to get caught up in that negative and then you'll have no chance of achieving those goals that are so important to you.

I sent them all away (my members) asking them to at the end of the day look back and think about at least 3 things they've done that is helping them towards their goals, rather than focusing on the "oh I shouldn't have eaten that!" which we all seem to do so easily.

And I absolutely love that they're embracing the idea and posting in our group each day their 3 things, I've been doing it for a few weeks now and it really helps on those days I know I haven't been great, some of my things on the list include;

Did some gardening - earned activity PP
Tracked everything honestly
Ate more than the 5 a day portions of fruit & veg
Didn't use having lurgy as an excuse not to stay on plan
Resisted a bag of tomato snaps
Ate an orange (I've eaten one most days since too!)
Finished on track & within ProPoints
Cooked tomorrows tea in advance

You get the gist now, it doesn't have to be something major and impressive as long as it's helping a little.  I know I went over my ProPoints yesterday so my three positives that make me feel proud are;

1) I didn't eat the 3 butter patties that came with my jacket potato
2) I resisted the cakes that were on offer at the Hollybush - they are huge!
3) I still managed to fit in my 5 a day, changed to F&H realising I was gonna be well over ProPoints but didn't go crazy on the warby thins!

See, there's always some yay even in a nay day!  You've just got to look for it.

It looks lovely out there this morning and I did notice when I was at the garden centre that they had the bulbs in at last, I'm thinking a drive to Pipers this morning to see if they have theirs in yet, I want lots of daffodils for next year, I loved seeing all the bulbs come up early in the year but the daffs have stuck in my mind the most. 

Anyway, the sooner I get my paperwork done, the sooner I can get to the garden centre and in my garden.  Whatever you're up too enjoy.  And my first positive this morning, is I've got to the end of my blog without thinking about food or planning my eating day!  See there is more to life than food if only we look for it ;) Happy Sunday BeYOUtiful. 





No comments: