Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 August 2015

Emoji smiley face, heart, wink, wink, thumbs up!



21st August 2015
The same boiling water that softens potatoes hardens eggs!  It's all about what you are made of not your circumstances.



Hopefully if you're kids were expecting their GCSE results yesterday, they passed!  But if they hadn't would you have told them to stop trying, to accept their failure and just settle for less?  I hope not, yet how many times do I hear people who are struggling with their weight loss say, "I'm a failure", "I've failed" or "I give up" because they're not finding it easy or they're going through a difficult patch, having a few challenges or just not seeing the results they want.  Yeah it does happen, they feel like they're failing so they give up instead of having another shot at it. 

I personally will never give up, I'll never accept that I've failed, you only fail when you stop trying and as much as I struggle, I'll never stop doing the best I can on any given day to take care of me and my body. 

I'll never be perfect where my weight loss success and eating habits are concerned, I may have moments of perfection but overall I'm certainly not an A grade student!

Last night I was saved by a queue, mom came to my meeting with me which she hasn't done for a long time, Thursday morning is her meeting so when she said do you mind if I come back tonight, I was chuffed.  And my inner greedy, sly bitch saw an opportunity and she jumped straight in with, "ooo shall we treat ourselves to a KFC on the way home?", knowing she'd agree because she loves me, even though the truth is she's not fussed at all!  Luckily by the end of the meeting, I wasn't that bothered and when I got to KFC and saw the queue, I walked out and decided against.  PHEW! 

Too easy to get knocked off track and we can be too quick to judge ourselves, we shouldn't there's so much temptation out there, we shouldn't fault ourselves for slipping, we should celebrate ourselves for resisting, there are people out there who don't even try!

Foods being pushed at us everywhere, even as a solution to our problems on the latest McDonalds billboard campaign I noticed this week.  I won't lie it wound me up  a bit, they're using Emoji's and the one by us show's a child, bowling ball, zero score then child in tears, then MacDonalds, ending with a child smiling.  My interpretation is that a Maccy D will cheer your child up and solve all your problems!  Not good!   They've designed a series of them that tell stories using emojis and result in a burger and a smile. 

I've since found it amusing that there are graffiti artists out there, rewriting the ending, check it out;

From;


To;


Now the online artists have started on it;




I love a maccy D's as much as the next person, but they aren't the answer to mine or anyone's happiness, especially children!

Anyway that's me off my soapbox!  I don't even understand half of these emoji's anyway, just googling them, I've realised the one I thought was someone crying is joy!  I googled them http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-100-most-used-emojis/

I've got a nearly day off, once I've done the must do paperwork, I think I'm going to chill today, gotta nip Alfie to vets early on for a check up, then I'm thinking I might do a bit of cooking, look for something to do with my defrosted pack of beef mince - still emptying the freezer!  But now I'm thinking something as easy as proper homemade burgers!   I'm off to google for inspiration.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, remind yourself there's more to the happy than food!

No comments: