Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 August 2015

Better an 'oops' than a 'what if'!

15th August 2015
Of this be sure, you do not find the happy life - you make it!


Good morning, good morning, it's dark outside but I don't care ;) It's Saturday which means, I have my wonderful meeting this morning then a weekend of chillaxing with my wonderful mother and that's what we're going to do!  Oh and I've just remembered I'm getting to meet up for a coffee with my bestie, it's been forever!  She's been on holiday then working and we've just not been able to get together, so an hour or two this afternoon inbetween her crazy workload at the moment will do us sweet.

I was on a go slow yesterday morning, the paperwork that would normally be done by ten took me until gone 12 - oops, I finished working about half two, then went for my lovely massage, the rest of the day was relaxed.  Food wise, I started the day with smoked haddock 4pp, you get a really big piece, had mushrooms, tomatoes and an egg with it.  Then I had a thin bagel with a bit of jam on and a hot chocolate around noon, and for tea I made a lush tea!  I stir fried some bacon (4pp), courgettes, mushrooms, and tomatoes, the layered that in between two light wraps (6pp) and added cheese (2pp) then put it on the George Foreman to toast the wraps, it was really tasty, served it with salad leaves and beetroot.



I sat there fancying a chocolate biscuit for about an hour before going to bed but I resisted, had my sweet tooth tickled by that jam this week I think and it's making me want more, once I get it started, there's no stopping it!  But I resisted, I was brave ;) !

It was definitely the kind of weather for comfort food yesterday, that when I usually fancy mash, but I'm going to have that today, I think maybe sausage, yorkie, mash and veggies, we'll see, we'll have it today or tomorrow.  Then I found this recipe that looks tasty.

Spinach rice casserole (thank you www.yummly.com)

283 grams fresh spinach
2 eggs (beaten) (4pp)
79 ml milk (1pp)
1/2 tsp salt
158 grams cooked rice (measured after cooking it) (6pp)
1/2 tsp onions (dried) (personally I'd use spring onions or chives and a little onion powder - 0pp then)
113 grams cheddar cheese (13pp)

The first step is to wilt your spinach.  Add a couple of tablespoons of water to a large sauce pan.  Add your spinach and place the lid onto the sauce pan.  Turn the stove onto medium heat and watch your spinach wilt before your eyes.  I gave it a little stir a few times.  

In a large mixing bowl, whisk your eggs.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Then add the wilted spinach.  Easy!  Make sure it’s well mixed.

Put your spinach mixture into an 8×8 baking pan.  (Or use a freezer cooking foil pan as it can be frozen).  Spray the pan first.  Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.  Dinner is ready!  Enjoy!

Right I'm off for a shower, although I'm thinking the heating needs to go on before I get naked, it's like autumn in August! 

#WWS7Sept, don't forget, just because it's Saturday doesn't mean you can go off track!  Stay strong BeYOUtiful, we can do this!





No comments: