18th July 2015
Attitude is everything! Radiate positivity and you will attract positive outcomes.
What am I like, I went to get a couple of plant pots for two plants yesterday and ended up buying another 6 plants, think I have a garden addiction, things could be worse I guess!
I made my quiche, it was nice, prefer them cold than warm I've decided and the rest is in the fridge, mom likes it so she can eat it again today. I had chicken salad for tea, I need to get more veggies in my diet, I've noticed lately that's the one thing that slipping, whenever I don't take time to think about cooking and meals, I resort to quickness and that usually doesn't include the veggies, so more thought this weekend.
There's a nice cauliflower in the kitchen, might make cauliflower cheese or just use that as the veg on a dinner, I defrosted a bit of trout yesterday so could have that with it and a sauce on top, mmm yeah, there's a Bachelors condensed soup in the cupboard I think, that would make a lovely sauce on fish, potatoes and cauliflower, maybe add courgettes and peppers for a bit of colour. Nice, that's dinner sorted then.
I wasn't very productive really yesterday, although I did get my paperwork done, a bit of gardening done and cooked a meal, my brain wasn't in the functioning mode, it likes to rest on a Friday, it's so used to having lunch and chilling with my bestie, but we didn't yesterday, we're catching up for lunch today though instead, a handful of us are off to the Fox & Anchor at Coven for a natter and nosh, if you're passing pop in and say hi, if you've got the ProPoints you can join us for the nosh.
Doh just realised I'm having lunch out so not sure I'll have room for that fish dinner, will fish I took out the freezer yesterday keep until tomorrow? If not I'll just have fish and salad later for a lighter tea.
Ooo I've just found this recipe for cauliflower sauce, thinking it would be great to use on so many things and there's only 6pp in the whole thing! http://pinchofyum.com/creamy-cauliflower-sauce is where I found it and she uses it on pasta or rice, worth a try I reckon.
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
Author: Pinch of Yum
Serves: makes about 5 cups
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter (6pp)
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- ½ cup milk (more to taste)
- Garlic: Saute the minced garlic with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned (browned or burnt garlic will taste bitter). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain.
- Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, sauteed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Serve hot! If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk, or olive oil.
I like to add a little bit of olive oil for the flavour and to help keep the sauce really smooth. Several other readers have mentioned that they really liked the addition of Parmesan cheese as well.
Yes that sounds like an option for sure, anyway I better get ready for work, we're having to adapt the room today apparently as they've got some course going on so we're losing half of the room, but I've asked for some of the cafe, so we'll cope I'm sure.
Here's to staying focused over the weekend, whatever the weather brings, although it's looking good at the moment!