Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 July 2015

Anyone for quiche?



17th July 2015
Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.  Deepak Chopra

I handed out a 5% award yesterday that made me realise if it's important enough you'll find a way, this lady is poorly and often I can see the pain in her eyes, she still smiles at me though, she has such a wonderful attitude and great inner strength and is proving to herself and everyone else that she can and will lose weight!  Incredible resilience. 

Sometimes the problems we face that make our journey more difficult aren't our problems as such, sometimes it's someone close to us and once again as I stuck that sixth, silver seven onto a card to celebrate another members success, I was reminded that yes you can lose weight, focus on the healthy and happy even when you are caring for a loved one who takes up so much of your time. 

I am on a daily basis inspired by my members for so many different reasons, it's just incredible and makes me appreciate everything and everyone that I have in my life and that so much doesn't matter as much as we sometimes think it does, we give too much of our time and our head space to things that really aren't that important and a year from today you won't even remember it happened.

It's Friday - YAY! I do love a Friday, although I'm planning to catch up on paperwork this morning, I'm considering tidying my office and possibly my bedroom, this weekend if it rains, there may be some housework involved, it just has to be done at some point! We'll see ;), you're not convinced I will are you?  Neither am I, I write it down as I think it'll encourage me to get it done but then the sun comes out, I find my trowel and I'm lost in the garden.  I may iron in the garden at some point, that's a compromise isn't it, I have so many lovely dresses I could be wearing but they need ironing!

Ooo I need to think about food, I may have to make a crustless quiche this morning, I have lots of eggs, some quark, ham and onions in the fridge, sorted, then I'll have tea when I get home from my massage later.  I think I'm going to fry some diced onions first in spray and that will add taste, there seems to be quite a few variations out there of the whole crustless quiche idea, this was the original one I was given;

The recipe for crustless quiche, 8pp in the whole thing!
3 eggs,
2 egg whites,
half tub quark (125g)
Any zero pp veg (e.g. broccoli, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn)

You could add smoked bacon 2 rashers if you want an authentic quiche taste. (Remember to add more ProPoints) or use bacon medallions.

Mix the quark and eggs until smooth, cook in oven for about 40 minutes.

A member posted this once;
I used 125g of quark, 2 eggs and I added 2 chopped cooked bacon medallions and drained baked beans. Its usually 150g of cottage cheese or quark and 3 eggs but the quark was 250g pot so used it twice and just use 2 eggs. Was plenty.

Or there's this one for mini quiches ;

To make 12 mini crustless quiches, you will need:
6 eggs
100g Quark or fat free cottage cheese
Fry Light (or other low calorie cooking spray)
Any vegetables or meat you'd like as your fillings

First of all, preheat your oven to 180 degrees and spray a muffin tray with Fry Light, ensuring to get the sides too. This helps the edges cook and stops them from sticking to the tray.

Cut up the veg/meat you'd like to use for your quiches, but make sure the pieces are small so they cook through. I used red onion and red pepper in half, and leek and ham in the other.

Sprinkle your veg in the bottom of the 12 trays.

Beat together all the eggs, and then beat in the Quark. This takes a little while and will be a bit lumpy, but don't fret.

Pour your mixture into the trays, just enough to cover the veg. Mine are usually about half full.

Cook for 20 minutes or so, until the egg starts to brown off.

Last but not least there's a proper quiche recipe on the Quark website that reminds me why I don't eat pastry very often, foods highlights in green are F&H;

Serves 6, 13pp a slice! (7pp a slice without the pastry)
  • 300g shortcrust pastry (39pp)
  • 200g pack lardons, smoked or un-smoked (15pp)
     (swap for wafer thin ham for 5pp - takes it down to 5pp a slice)
  • 50g strong cheddar, grated (6pp)
  • 500g Quark (9pp)
  • 4 large eggs, beaten (10pp)
  • Pinch ground nutmeg
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Step 1

Roll the pastry out thinly and use to line a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottomed, fluted flan tin. Press the pastry into the sides of the tin and lightly prick the base with a fork. Chill or freeze for 10 mins. Put a baking sheet in the middle shelf of the oven and heat oven to 180°C fan/200°C/ gas mark 6

Step 2

Line pastry case with foil, shiny side down, fill with baking beans and bake on the hot sheet for 15 mins. Remove foil and beans and bake for 4-5 mins more until the pastry is pale golden

Step 3

While the pastry is cooking, prepare the filling

Step 4

Heat a small non-stick frying pan and fry the lardons until just beginning to colour. Drain them on kitchen paper. Scatter 2/3 of the cheese and lardons evenly over the bottom of the pastry case.

Step 5

Put The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark and eggs into a bowl and whisk together until well-mixed. Season (not too much salt as the bacon and cheese will be salty) and add a little nutmeg to taste and seasoning if required. Pour three-quarters of the filling into the pastry case

Step 6

Carefully put the flan tin back on the baking sheet and pour the rest of the filling into the pastry case. Scatter the remaining grated cheese on top. Lower the oven to 170°C fan/190°C/gas mark 5. Bake for about 25 mins, or until golden brown and still a bit wobbly in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 mins, then remove from the tin. Serve immediately (or leave until cold and serve)

Anyway I'm away to do important things :) whatever you're up to today, make sure you find a bit of time for fun and laughter and showing your love BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: