Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 July 2015

Getting a grip!



10th July 2015
Reaching your goal doesn't prove what you're made of.  Not quitting when you get discouraged along the way does! You Decide...


Looking like it's going to be a lovely day, I really would like the sunshine to last all weekend but it's not forecast, I need a dry Sunday to get in my garden, I've not got time to get in there today, got paperwork, lunch, massage booked, although that too sounds fun so I'll not complain.

I finally cooked the pork mince, we had pork patties, recipe on page 88 of the Weight Watcher Filling & Healthy cook book, very tasty and completely F&H with my WW wraps as I didn't have pitta breads in. 

For breakfast I had a delicious eggy crumpet, if you haven't tried you must, just soak your crumpet in the mixed egg, fry the flat bit first before pouring remaining egg mixture over the side with the holes in and flip over to fry the other side.  You can add spring onion or bits of ham to the mixture, you can cut the crumpet down the middle and put a slice of ham and/or cheese inside too which is really tasty.  That might need to be my breakfast, or maybe my tea as I'll probably just have a banana for breakfast because of going out for lunch.

So focusing on filling and healthy foods yesterday I already feel better in myself, I probably still ate bigger portions than I actually needed but as one of my lovely members said to me yesterday morning, "this week was just about getting back control, not losing weight", yep Rachel, that's sound advice and it worked for you so I'm going to try it too.

This weekend, I'm going to stick eating 3 meals a day, no snacking because that's not what I usually do and it's not a habit I want to get into.  Those meals need to be a little bit smaller than they have been of late, I need to get this appetite under control, I really do!

I need to get to a shop to stock up on fruit and veggies, my freezer is STILL FULL, so I need to be using that stuff before buying anymore, I want to get the bottom drawer empty so I can fill it full of frozen fruit for my nutribullet drinks.

We were talking last night about meal ideas, how we forget about certain meals that are absolutely delicious, something as simple as chicken skewers, literally chicken pieces, peppers, mushrooms, onions, courgettes and grill, I need to be making them at some point.

I've got a tub of WW quark in the fridge so I think I might look for something to make with that, I've just found a recipe on esource for a courgette frittata, it's suitable for Gluten Free, F&H, Vegetarian and Mediterranean approach. but think instead of potato, I might tweak it and use wholewheat pasta instead of potato.

Courgette frittata serves 4, 6pp per serving
400 g Potatoes, raw, scrubbed and sliced thickly   
4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray   
1 medium Courgette, sliced   
2 medium Onion(s), halved and sliced thinly   
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, flat leaf, chopped   
2 tablespoons Basil, fresh, chopped   
6 medium (raw) Egg, whole, raw, beaten   
4 tablespoons (heaped) Quark   
1 pinch Salt   
1 pinch Black pepper   
25 g Red pepper(s)   

Put the potatoes in a lidded ovenproof frying pan with the base measuring 20cm (8 inch) and cover with 150 ml (5 fl oz) water. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and let the excess water evaporate. Put into a large bowl.
Wipe the pan clean and spray with the cooking spray. Cook the courgette and onions, covered, for 10 minutes until tender and starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Then transfer to the bowl with the potatoes.
Preheat the grill to high. Add the parsley, basil and beaten eggs to the bowl with the potatoes and toss to coat. Season. Spray the frying pan again and gently heat the hob. Carefully tip the potato mixture into the pan, flattening it with a spatula. Sprinkle over the peppers, top with the Quark, and cook gently for 4-5 minutes.
Grill the frittata gently for 4-8 minutes until golden and serve. (It should be a little wet in the middle if you are eating it hot. It will firm up if you are eating it cold).
Right that's me off, enjoy your day, I'm going to, if I get my paperwork done quickly I might get an hour in the garden, we shall see.






 

No comments: