Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 January 2015

Who doesn't like a quick curry on a Friday night!



15th January 2015
It takes courage to grow up & become who you really are.  E. E. Cummings


Thursday already, what a week its already been, 476lb already lost on my scales and another member achieving her goal, my meetings are buzzing despite the snow my members turned up and made me proud!  Last weigh day of the week for me today then tomorrow I'm off to head office in Maidenhead, trying to decide between driving and taking the train (1 change), I prefer to drive it's just this damn weather putting me off, those high winds.  I will check the forecast later, I'm not fussed about traffic, it means I can sit in the car listening to a good audio book.

Yesterday was so busy food wasn't a priority but I did make a tasty lunch, an open sandwich with bacon medallions stir fried with mushrooms, spinach and a little piece of chorizo, then I had that on an open sandwich with lettuce, beetroot and tomatoes. It was just the job, then breakfast was porridge and banana, and for tea I had the rest of the beef casserole.  Think I'll get a bit of salmon out of the freezer this morning, that's a quick lunch, need to shop again already, that food soon goes down!  I've got a packet of Warburton thins I've been using in the meeting could have a couple of those for my tea as they're use by today, yeah that's a plan.  Sorted, must get bread for mom thought as I out tomorrow and poor Alfie wants some food as he's disgusted at the moment because I suggested he might want to eat proper dog food!

Now I am seeing some fabulous weight losses in my meetings but there are still a good few of us that are struggling to get back into the reality of winter and weight loss, cold dark days aren't for everyone and some deal with them not quite so well.  I'm not a fan I have to say, give me a warm sunny day any time.  So if you are struggling to get back into it, go easy on yourself, realise this is a forever thing and do what you can when you can.  Filling and Healthy foods really will help you to feel better, lots of lean meats, fish, protein, eggs, lots of good carbs, brown rice, brown pasta, lots of fruit and vegetables and water, drink water, I'm drinking mine boiled, I'm used to it now and it's good for me so I can live without having quite so many mugs of tea.  Try some of the grains that you may not have before, couscous, quinoa, buckwheat, if you're not sure what to do with them buy the microwave ones that are ready to eat.

How about a good healthy curry for tomorrow night instead of a takeaway that will leave you feeling flat or (fat) depending on how much you eat!

Chicken and vegetable balti (6pp per portion, serves 4) 
Try this chicken and vegetable balti for a healthy curry that is quick and easy to prepare.
  • calorie controlled cooking oil spray
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 4 chicken thighs boned and skinned (400g = 20pp),
    (change for chicken breasts for a F&H meal)
  • 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm/1in chunks
  • 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm/1in chunks
  • 1 tbsp cornflour (2pp)
  • 150g/5½oz fat-free natural yogurt (2pp)
  • 1 tbsp medium or mild curry powder
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 227g/8oz tin chopped tomatoes
  • 3 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
  • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation method
  1. Spray a large, deep, non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes, stirring regularly until well softened and lightly browned.
  2. Meanwhile, trim all the visible fat off the chicken thighs and cut each one into four pieces. Season to taste.
  3. Add the chicken and peppers to the pan with the onion and cook for three minutes, turning occasionally. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl and stir in the yoghurt until thoroughly mixed.
  4. Sprinkle the curry powder over the chicken and vegetables, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
  5. Tip the tomatoes into the pan, add the yoghurt mixture, 150ml/3½fl oz of water and coriander.
  6. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick. Season to taste and garnish with coriander.
That sounds quite nice actually and easy to do!  Serve it with brown rice and you've got yourself a Friday fakeaway!  Sorted.

I'm off for my mug of tea, the hot water can wait, I'm not a saint!  Have a on track Thursday BeYOUtiful.


No comments: