Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Mmm anyone for bread pudding?



27th January 2015
My life isn't perfect, but it does have perfect moments.





Good morning, good morning, who made it 5am?  Woken by my alarm, I might be waking up throughout the night but I'm having no problems going back to sleep at all!  I had a lovely day off yesterday, went for lunch with my bestie, didn't go for cake in the end, we decided proper food was in order and this is what we had;

Parsnip Soup - 6pp, chunk of bread 3pp, butter I put on bread 3pp = 12pp
Main course - Salt beef hash, beef - 6pp, potatoes 3pp, egg 2pp, oil 3pp = 14pp
Dessert - treacle tart 10pp (based on a slice of shop bought ones) & custard - 150g - 4pp = 14pp  Total - 40pp

Just goes to show if you fancy enjoying a meal out, it's more than doable on Weight Watchers, and this was worth my weeklies!  I even left about a third of my dessert as I was full!

The best thing about lunch yesterday wasn't the food, it was the giggles, it's a couple of hours away from it all where we just be us and enjoy the moment, two lovely old ladies came in and we heard them say we'd like to sit somewhere quiet and the man seated them as far away from us as he could.  Yep, we giggle a lot, I bet it burns calories!

Having that large lunch mean I'd only had a small slice of toast for breakfast, then for tea I had a slice of bread with a bit of cheese and beetroot on it, I just wasn't hungry at all after all that niceness.

I've got a fridge full of food that needs using, so no more eating out this week, I've got 3 crusty cobs left that are too hard to eat, so I'm going to make a savoury bread pudding when I get home lunchtime, I've also got spinach, peppers that can be used so will though it all together some how.  Ooo I could put it in the slow cooker I guess, but I want a crusty top I think.  You could even have savoury bread pudding as breakfast, afterall it has bread and milk and eggs in it!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees / gas mark 4
Line or spray a large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray
In a large bowl add the 6 large eggs (18pp), 250ml milk (2pp) and seasonings of your choice, I'm going to use  ½ tsp. dried oregano, ½ tsp. dried thyme, Salt and pepper) Whisk until combined.

Add in the bread (I'm using 3 cobs = 8pp but roughly 3 cups of cubed bread), about 4 cups of diced vegetables of your choice (peppers, mushrooms, squash, spinach, courgette, onions etc)
and 100g of cathedral mature lighter cheese 8pp (regular cheddar is 11pp). Mix well.

Pour into the baking dish and top with another 100g of lighter cheese (8pp) and sprinkle some more of the seasonings on top.  Cook for about an hour or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!  ProPoints wise, your

Obviously that isn't a Filling & Healthy recipe but you could use low calorie brown bread to make it so, or even crumpets!   Mine is going to be 44pp but there will easily be 4 large portions there, maybe more depending on appetite.

I want to go make it now, but don't really think I'll have the time, lunchtime will do!  I'm tempted to throw in about 4pp of diced chorizo, or I have some cooking chorizo I could use, nom nom nom.  1/2lb loss a week is more than good enough for me because they I can eat MORE!

I will post a picture of the results later, this version I've never made before, I have done savoury bread pudding before but it's more tomato based http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/what-would-life-be-without-emotions-x.html  or there's this one http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/edward-scissorhands-im-not.html.  It's a great way to use up stale bread for sure.

Anyways it's 6am and I need to get ready for work, busy day as always.

Hope yours is a great one BeYOUtiful. 







No comments: