Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Quick, tasty, cheap, healthy food - don't get no better!


28th January 2015
The only limits in life are the ones you make.

Well my savoury bread pudding recipe worked a treat, I ended up chopping the veggies before I went to work, then when I got back I throwing it all together, and cooked



In case you missed it, here's the recipe (44pp total, 4 large portions)

6 large eggs (18pp)
250ml milk (2pp)
About 2tsp Herbs and seasonings of your choice
140g leftover bread, approx 4 regular slices (8pp)
200g of cathedral mature lighter cheese (or similar) 16pp
4 cups of diced vegetables of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees / gas mark 4
Line or spray a large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray
In a large bowl add the 6 large eggs (18pp), 250ml milk (2pp) and seasonings of your choice, I used  1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. dried thyme, Salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.

Add in the bread (I'm using 3 cobs = 8pp but roughly 3 cups of cubed bread), about 4 cups of diced vegetables of your choice (peppers, mushrooms, squash, spinach, courgette, onions etc) and 100g of cathedral mature lighter cheese 8pp (regular cheddar is 11pp). Mix well.

Pour into the baking dish and top with another 100g of lighter cheese (8pp) and sprinkle some more of the seasonings on top.  Cook for about an hour or until golden.

It was good and tasty hot or cold.  Use low calorie brown bread and you only need to ProPoint the cheese if you're following F&H.

I never did get round to making that Mexican Beef Pan-Fry recipe from Fridays blog  http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/when-you-love-your-work-its-isnt-work.html so I think I'll make that today, I've still got most of the ingredients except the tomatoes but I'm nipping into Asda this morning so can pick some up.

Very busy with work stuff at the minute but I'm going to make sure I eat one healthy meal a day, then I'm liking the idea of something lighter for tea after my meetings because I don't think my stomach likes eating too much that late at night anymore then going to bed with a full stomach, so lighter bites for tea it is.  Soup maybe or a sandwich, yeah I'll have a think of some ideas, have my main meal lunchtime and less later.
I fancy a curry and one of my lovely members gave me this packet yesterday, in Asda, it's on the veg counter, ASDA Good & Balanced Vegetable Curry Mix £1.50, it's all the veggies diced up and the spices and you just add tomatoes and water - voila readymade curry, 6pp for the bag according to the online information and looking at the ingredients all of them are F&H foods and spices.  It's great if you're busy and in a rush and don't have time or can't be bothered to chop veggies, or if you're in too much pain with arthritis to chop! 
Anyway, I'm starting to ramble and I have lots of paperwork to do!  Time to get my day started, might have egg, beans and mushrooms for breakfast, might not, can't decide!  Might have porridge, oh decisions, decisions!

Whatever you plan to eat today, eat it, track it, enjoy it.  Eating healthy is for life BeYOUtiful, never forget that, it isn't a race it's a forever thing.



No comments: